PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Processors and Delta Sinks?

Dave_B
12-Apr-2009, 14:04
Folks:
I am in the process of setting up a new darkroom with a Jobo CPA-2 processor. The Delta ABS sinks look pretty nice and was thinking about getting one, probably the model with two sinks, a large flat one for the processor to sit in and a deep sink next to it for mixing, washing, etc. Are the sinks robust enough that the processor could sit in it without making it sag? It looks like the processor weighs ~30 lbs or so empty and much more with water in it. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?
Thanks,
Dave B.

Bjorn Nilsson
12-Apr-2009, 14:28
The processor weighs about 18-20 lbs or so empty. On top of that it takes around 18 liters of water when filled (i.e. around 40 lbs), so it totals around 60 lbs.
If you're worried, just cut a 2by4 to the correct length and support the sink under the middle of where you place the cpa2. That should give plenty of support.

// Björn

RPNugent
12-Apr-2009, 14:57
I use my CPP2 in my delta 8 ft sink all the time, no problems.

Robert A. Zeichner
12-Apr-2009, 15:02
My Jobo works fine in my Delta 6' sink.

Dave_B
12-Apr-2009, 15:08
Folks:
Thanks for your replies. It looks like this is the way I will go.
Dave B.

jeroldharter
12-Apr-2009, 17:57
I have one of the 8 foot sinks which is shallow depth on both sides. I decided not to get the one with the deep end because this way it is easier to set up trays or other arrangements over 8 feet without interruption.

My sink holds my CPP with no problems. There is a slight sway with the weight. You can use shims for leveling. I use large size polypropylene cutting boards (from kitchen supply sources) over the duck boards in the sink to help keep the Jobo, trays, washers, etc. level.

The sink is definitely not strong enough (and is too tall) for my 20x24 print washer but the Jobo is no problem.

One suggestion: before you drop the sink in the frame, screw some holes in the metal legs near the wall so that you can screw the sink into the wall studs or a backer board. That greatly improves the stability of the sink, especially with heavier loads.

bigdog
13-Apr-2009, 07:34
If you're worried, just cut a 2by4 to the correct length and support the sink under the middle of where you place the cpa2. That should give plenty of support.

This is what I did. However, I did not buy the Delta stand, I built my own out of wood with just this in mind (never mind the cost savings). ;) As others have stated, the sink will hold it, but I found that there was some flex with a small print washer, so the reinforcement eliminated that.

Jeff Bannow
14-Apr-2009, 05:35
I also built mine out of wood - 2x4s and plywood from Home Depot. Cost about $50 and took about 2 hours to make. I made the height to where I can drain from the side of the stand right into the sink. I can also swap the Jobo for a 20x24 print washer when needed.

Let me know if you'd like to see a photo of it in action.