PDA

View Full Version : My newly acquired Shen Hao HZX 810

jesskramer
12-Apr-2009, 11:07
For your viweing pleasure my newly aquired Shen Hao HZX 810 in teak and titanium..They no longer make this model...a real pleasure to use with my lenses from 150mm to 600mm... Jesse

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/jesskramer/R0010443.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/jesskramer/R0010444.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/jesskramer/R0010445.jpg
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/jesskramer/R0010448.jpg

Cristiano Abreu
15-Apr-2009, 09:12
Congrats Jesskramer. Indeed, a lovely piece of equipment.
I own a smaller sibling, the TZ-45IIA 4x5 and love it to bits. Excellent value for the money those Shen Haos, lots of movements.

kev curry
15-Apr-2009, 10:17
Jess I have one of them babies too and its good to finally know the model number. Oh... and not to p**s on your party or anything but I'm sure the ''titanium's'' an imposter. I think its the Ebony version that Shen Hao ripped off that has the titanium! The poor old Shen has nothing more glamorous than bog standard plain old Aluminium:D

jesskramer
15-Apr-2009, 19:40
Kev,

Not to p**s back at you, but if you look at the images I posted, this IS the discontinued HZX 810, which IS the Ebony clone, and it IS the one with Titanium...The Shen Hao that is derivitive of the Phillips style, the FCL 810, is the one with aluminum... Jesse

mandoman7
15-Apr-2009, 21:22
Oh... and not to p**s on your party or anything ...

This is one of those, "no offense meant, but...", types of comments that's usually followed with the kick in the gut.
JY

kev curry
16-Apr-2009, 00:17
Oops Jesse, my guts are sore its not fun being an dumb arse all the time! Please accept my most humble apologies. Oh... and that's a mighty fine camera you've got there, the Titanium sure looks marvelous:)
I'll away and have a wee look at my lowly aluminium clad FCL 810 now.

xaheadx
20-Apr-2009, 17:22
look's distinctly like my first 10x8.. very nice! although by the time i picked up my phillips, i wonder why i ever lugged that thing around! good luck with it!

tim o'brien
20-Apr-2009, 22:27
Jess, I am sorry some people on this list, who are usually so helpful, have chosen be real a-wipes. Nice camera. I hope you have as much joy using your HZX as I have using my camera of choice, the Deardorff V8. I look forward to seeing some of your images.

tim in san jose

Santo Roman
20-Apr-2009, 22:35
Very nice!

Turner Reich
21-Apr-2009, 09:28
That's one fine camera!

kev curry
21-Apr-2009, 09:43
Jess, I am sorry some people on this list, who are usually so helpful, have chosen be real a-wipes. Nice camera. I hope you have as much joy using your HZX as I have using my camera of choice, the Deardorff V8. I look forward to seeing some of your images.

tim in san jose

I thought my apology to Jess for shooting from the hip and making a silly blunder would have put an end to it....:rolleyes:

Lachlan 717
21-Apr-2009, 16:48
I thought my apology to Jess for shooting from the hip and making a silly blunder would have put an end to it....:rolleyes:

Kev,

For what it's worth, I thought that you ate your Humble Pie with exquisite humility. To quote Chevy Chase in Fletch, "It takes a big man to admit he's wrong"...

Mind you, isn't it reassuring that others feel it their business to apologise on your behalf? I always feel safer when the Alpha Male speaks on my behalf.

(I really have no idea what this Flamer was trying to achieve by reigniting this after you had admitted your mistake).

tim o'brien
21-Apr-2009, 18:59
Kev,

For what it's worth, I thought that you ate your Humble Pie with exquisite humility. To quote Chevy Chase in Fletch, "It takes a big man to admit he's wrong"...

Mind you, isn't it reassuring that others feel it their business to apologise on your behalf? I always feel safer when the Alpha Male speaks on my behalf.

(I really have no idea what this Flamer was trying to achieve by reigniting this after you had admitted your mistake).

It actually wasn't Kev. His apology was quite acceptable. It was someone else's backhanded comment on what camera he had bought that I was commenting on. And no, I am not flamer. I am genuinely embarrassed by the actions of some of the members of the board when someone just wants to show off a bit.

For what it's worth LACHLAN, I don't need you to tell me how to feel. Remember, I am a sensitive California male. *L*

tim (the alpha-est male) in san jose

Turner Reich
21-Apr-2009, 19:28
Is this the end of the design for this model? Are they all going to be Chamoninized in the future? I sure like this model, it's well worth getting.

Peter De Smidt
21-Apr-2009, 19:56
Great look'n camera.

Vaughn
21-Apr-2009, 20:05
A beauty. Reminds me of my Zone VI 8x10, but with some nicer features (such as the axis rear tilt, if I read the knobs correctly).

Congrats and have fun with it!

Vaughn

cosmicexplosion
3-Feb-2011, 06:18
[QUOTE=jesskramer;458035]For your viweing pleasure my newly aquired Shen Hao HZX 810 in teak and titanium..They no longer make this model...a real pleasure to use with my lenses from 150mm to 600mm... Jesse

hey man

whats that support tripod extension bracket gizmo thingamebob you got going on?

Jim Becia
3-Feb-2011, 06:38
Just a quick note (the initial post being a couple of years old), this camera is being made again. The HZX810 is now listed on Badger Graphic's website for about $2500. Jim

Clint Chadwick
4-Feb-2011, 01:06
That is a really attractive camera!

Not specific to this camera, but how do you prevent bellows sag from encroaching on the image with a moderate extension? Do you have to use front rise to avoid this or is it not really an issue?

radu_c
20-Dec-2018, 04:28
Sorry to revive an old thread, but can anyone tell me if this camera can focus with the rear standard (even if it's just fine focusing)? Also, I noticed there's a new version Shen Hao HZX 810-IIA. What is different with the newer model, as compared to the original one?
Thanks in advance.