PDA

View Full Version : LF (used?) Stores UK?

tim atherton
27-Aug-2001, 17:48
I'm heading back to the UK for a visit after a good few years away. Anyone know of any good LF stores in the UK (say London and all stations south) who may have used stuff (new would be fun to look at, but thge vacation will swallow most av ailable funds...).

I'm already going to Robert Whites, as it's not at all far from my folks.

Thanks

Tim A

Andy tymon
27-Aug-2001, 19:24
Hi Tim, you could try MXV and you could also try Mr Cad. I believe they are both in the south of England or were when I lived in the UK. They both have websites-www.mxv.co.uk and www.mrcad.co.uk,I have purchased large format equipment from both and was completely satisfied. regards

Walter Glover
27-Aug-2001, 19:25
Tim,

Try your luck at Linhof & Studio in London or Teamwork, also in London. They are two that I have dealt with and I've always been well pleased with the result.

Then all that's left to do is trek on from RW and wait for a misty moment at Corfe. Too easy!

Bon voyage ... Walter

Stephen Vaughan
28-Aug-2001, 08:24
MXV is a small 'treasure trove' in Sussex - they always have something interesting (currently have a beautiful Wisner 5x4 +quality lenses the one I just sold them!), Robert White and Teamwork are geared more to pro users (both excellent s/hand selections). Linhof and Studio is the only one who deals almost exclusively in

Gregory von Liebig
30-Aug-2001, 17:48
Hello there,

Everyone is talking about Robert White as a good economical source. I would be grateful if somone posted their website address,

Many thanks,

Gregory

tim atherton
30-Aug-2001, 19:02
Generally, if you are ordering from the US in particular, I think people find his prices pretty good - and the service is geneally very good too. http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/

check out the new fuji "graphmatic" pretty cool - I'm going to check out the transparent demo when I'm there

tim a