PDA

View Full Version : Source for Replacement Bellows

sanking
6-Apr-2009, 09:44
Someone who is in the process of restoring a 11X14" Empire State camera asked me about replacement bellows. Can someone recommend a good source at this time. In the past I have recommended Western Bellows Co. in CA and Universal Bellows in NY but that was some years go and I don't even know that they are still in business?

Sandy King

Gene McCluney
6-Apr-2009, 09:53
Turner Bellows seems to be good at customer service. I got a quote via email from them and a projected turn-around time of about 2 weeks.

http://www.turnerbellows.com/

While I have no problems with Western Bellows, as I have used them and their product is good, he is just a one-man shop and delivery times can be very very long, whereas Turner Bellows is a company with employees and higher volume, and seems to have a way to predict delivery time. They have been an OEM supplier for Bessler. They have an online "fill in the blanks" form you can fill out to get an estimate by email.

Prices were about the same.

Steve Hamley
6-Apr-2009, 09:58
Sandy,

The former Camera Bellows now resurrected as Custom Bellows. best in the business.

http://www.custombellows.co.uk/

Cheers, Steve

Pete Watkins
6-Apr-2009, 10:17
Sandy,
You might think that I'm biased but if Custom Bellows are half as good as Camera Bellows were you need to go there. Just to save myself from being accused of being biased Flutots are the best and I'm happy to send my shutters accross The Pond to get them serviced.
Best wishes,
Pete.

climbabout
6-Apr-2009, 10:25
Sandy - I bought a new bellows for my 8x10 Deardorff from Camera Bellows about 18 months ago and I am very happy with it. Their service was excellent then.
Tim

C. D. Keth
6-Apr-2009, 10:39
I got an 8x10 bellows from western recently and am happy with it. My 8x10 restoration thread has photos of it on the camera.

Lynn Jones
6-Apr-2009, 11:02
In addition, I have used Western Bellows for over 20 years, Jim Ormand owns it.
(909) 980 0606.

Lynn

IanMazursky
6-Apr-2009, 11:12
I second Tuner Bellows!! They made new bellows for both of my 12x20 and 5x7 Korona's.
The service was extremely fast and economical. For a small fee they will also install the bellows. So worth it!
I am so happy i went went with them.