PDA

View Full Version : Brubeck on Adams

wfwhitaker
2-Apr-2009, 15:14
This story about Dave and Chris Brubeck's orchestral work "Ansel Adams: America" was on All Things Considered this evening. Large format music for large format photography. The music analogy continues.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102656153

Bruce Watson
3-Apr-2009, 05:52
Excellent! I've been a Brubeck fan for decades. This should be a really interesting piece of music. I hope they record it for a CD soon.

venchka
3-Apr-2009, 05:56
I hope they record it on vinyl soon.

Jim Galli
9-Dec-2012, 21:23
What better way to say goodbye to Dave Brubeck than to revive this noble thread! He was a one of a kind. A gentleman. Earlier this year I wandered up the old right of way of the NCO that passes through Dave's dad's ranch, and thought of Dave in the deafening silence. Quiet as the moon. Bye Dave.

Doremus Scudder
10-Dec-2012, 05:15
What better way to say goodbye to Dave Brubeck than to revive this noble thread! He was a one of a kind. A gentleman. Earlier this year I wandered up the old right of way of the NCO that passes through Dave's dad's ranch, and thought of Dave in the deafening silence. Quiet as the moon. Bye Dave.

A fitting tribute Jim. Thanks.

Dave Brubeck's passing has, of course, made headlines here in Europe as well. I just finished listening to one of his classical works, the "Variations on Pange Lingua" on the local classical station here in Vienna. He had a great career and a long life. I wish him well on his journey.

Harley Goldman
10-Dec-2012, 16:14
This is a good tribute, Jim. I saw Brubeck in concert on four occasions and each time was an absolute pleasure. He was extremely personable on stage and a magical musician and composer. He will be missed.