PDA

View Full Version : Ilford Special Portrait Film 124

Vaughn
1-Apr-2009, 13:50
Just got a full box of 5x7 "Ilford Special Portrait Film 124" Emulsion# 19CL1201

Panchromatic, ASA 125 (daylight), 100 (Tungsten), safety base

No expirey date, most like past it. Definitely pre-Harmon

Someone wrote on the box: "D76 -- 11min, 68F" which is convienent to know.

Any ideas about what this film? I have never heard of it.

Vaughn

Vaughn
26-Apr-2009, 21:23
Just bumping this up to the top to see if anyone has a clue about this film.

Vaughn

Gene McCluney
26-Apr-2009, 21:54
It could be Ortho sensitivity, to give men a special "ruddy" look. Or it could be a studio flm like the old Kodak Ektapan.

sun of sand
26-Apr-2009, 22:09
old thread no ideas
no clues based on the box?

I'd guess it to be similar to the specifically labeled portrait films of kodak
something out of production since the early 80's or something
just sounds like a very dated product

Vaughn
26-Apr-2009, 22:13
It could be Ortho sensitivity, to give men a special "ruddy" look. Or it could be a studio flm like the old Kodak Ektapan.

It does say "Panchromatic" on the box. I am expecting a bit of fog in the film...no problem if it is even. I am going into the dark right now to pull a sheet out and to see if thee is any written info in the box.

Vaughn

PS...just checked out a piece -- not too healthy looking. Some splotchiness and uneveniness seen from the non-emulsion side, but from not the emulsion side. Not much of an anti-halation coating on the back, but it darkened up quite a bit when it got wet. No other info in the box.

Sevo
27-Apr-2009, 01:44
"Portrait" historically designated film with a rough surface finish for pencil retouching (and hence some loss of sharpness). Otherwise it usually was derived from some standard (though often legacy) emulsion of the particular manufacturer.

Sevo