PDA

View Full Version : Cooke XVa lens

terryaking
30-Mar-2009, 04:15
I know that this is an unusual request.

I have been told that although the manufacturers have temporarily suspended production of this lens, they intend to manufacture a new batch in the new year.

I would be very grateful if anyone could let me know if it is likely that anyone may be prepared to forego their ownership of their beautiful lens until the new year for a premium.

Answers would probably be best sent to me directly.

Terry King

Walter Calahan
30-Mar-2009, 04:46
You can have my XVa only by prying it from my cold, dead hands. HA!

Contact Clive to get the inside news, and if the new production is true, he can suggest getting on a waiting list, if there is one.

http://www.cliveruss.com/cooke/cookexva/cooke%20xvaproto/cookexva.html

Blumine
30-Mar-2009, 04:59
I bought mine from Clive way back when & he would be the person you should contact.

I agree with Walter, only way to get it is from my dead hand, even then you are going to have to work hard for it.

Blumine

asnapper
30-Mar-2009, 05:03
I've been waiting 2 years for another batch of lenses. Cooke are very busy with making movie lenses, and I think they could be designing & manufacturing a new range of lenses for the Red DSLR.

Archphoto
30-Mar-2009, 05:08
Can't blame you guy's I
It shure like a beautifull lens.

Peter

terryaking
30-Mar-2009, 07:34
The replies so far are just what I would have expected.

I have spoken to both the manufacturers and to Robert White, the company are making a new batch in early 2010. Both have waiting lists and neither can think of anyone who would give up their lens.

But in this case waiting lists do not appear to be an option, a premium would be.

Ted Stoddard
30-Mar-2009, 08:26
I can not wait I have been wanting this lens forever... This will be better than my KWE 10" to add to my collection... The 8x10 and the 4x5.... is what I want to buy...need to start saving now...

Henry Suryo
30-Mar-2009, 09:01
Heard also that this new batch of production will include the PS945 and maybe a 4x5 version of the XVa. This should be most welcomed by the well-to-do 4x5 photographers.

Terry, if I'm not mistaken, Badger Graphics had a mint one in their used inventory recently. You may want to check there with Jeff. Good luck.

Ted Stoddard
30-Mar-2009, 09:09
Look at this link....

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2939

terryaking
30-Mar-2009, 10:31
Thanks for the Badger Graphics suggestion. I have just spoken too them. Unfortunately

the lens is no longer in their inventory, It was the first secomd hand one they had seen.

Terry