PDA

View Full Version : Epson Pro 4990 software ARCSoft Suite

Paul Coy
29-Mar-2009, 11:03
All,

I just moved to a Vista machine and reinstalled the software that came bundled with my Epson PRO 4990 (except for the ARCSOFT Suite of software).

When I installed the bundled software, I didnt find my ARCSOFT CD that supposedly came with the scanner when I bought it. (I can't remember if I EVEN HAD a CD because it wasn't on my old computer and all the other programs are there).
I kept all my documentation and CD's separate in its own space and now I cannot find it. :confused:

My questions:
Since I have ELEMENTS 2.0, do I really need the ARCSOFT Suite or was it just another optional bunch of programs to use?

If I do need it, Can I still get it from ARCSOFT and if not, does anyone have a copy they want to get rid of?

Since it's been awhile since the release, here something better out there to use now that can be recommended?

Sorry for being such a noob but all I have been doing is scanning in my negs as contact sheets. Now it's time to start learning the software side of imaging.

Paul Coy
29-Mar-2009, 20:36
UPDATE:

Well lo and behold, I found the CD!!!!!!!!! Guess I had it all the time. Installed it and will play around with the software to get a feel for it.

If anyone has any suggestions on upgrades, I would love to hear them.

venchka
30-Mar-2009, 06:03
A friend and I, after following Ken Lee's lead, are getting good results with Epson Scan.