PDA

View Full Version : EverSmart Jazz+ on ebay

sanking
28-Mar-2009, 20:49
Some of you may be interested in this. Ebay Item # 230333074204. An EverSmart Jazz+ described in excellent working condition with cables and software, and working MAC computer, with Buy it Now price of $800.

Sounds like it could be a good deal to me, especially if you are located in California where local pick-up would be possible.

Sandy King

John Whitley
28-Mar-2009, 23:34
Interesting. Does anyone know whether any of the (relatively) more affordable used high-end flatbed or drum scanners work reliably with Intel-based OS X Mac systems? It seems that most such scanners I've seen in my limited searching depend on interfacing to rather old systems.

sanking
29-Mar-2009, 07:27
I believe that the Heidelberg Topaz will run on Intel Mac with Silverfast, and the Leafscan 45 will also run on late model MACs with Silverfast. The JAZZ+ may run with late model MACs if you have the right software and SCSI to Firewire adaptor.

Most of the older scanners run well on MAC G4 with System 9.2.2. This works out well because one really needs a dedicated computer for scanning and the G4 is inexpensive and faster than the scanners themselves.

Sandy King

Interesting. Does anyone know whether any of the (relatively) more affordable used high-end flatbed or drum scanners work reliably with Intel-based OS X Mac systems? It seems that most such scanners I've seen in my limited searching depend on interfacing to rather old systems.

Gordon Moat
29-Mar-2009, 12:36
Heidelberg Topaz will run on an Intel Mac with SilverFast, but it is not a supported set-up. Same goes for the SCSI to FireWire converter from Ratoc. These are very good choices, but you are on your own getting them to work. They do require some fiddling and restarts, and sometimes make no sense when the computer doesn't recognize the scanner. Once running it works great and is stable, but it's not always easy to get to that point.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)