PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Kardan Standard

substitute
25-Mar-2009, 04:04
Hey crowd!

I just got a Kardan Standard: it was cheap, had two back and more...
Thing is the guy must have changed the bellow and mounted everything upside down...
Now is there a tutorial on how to change a bellow?
A tutorial on how to use this camera? I knnow manuals are not part of Large Format world, but for instance, I can't seem to put the back into place...

Various little things, I'd like to figure out!

Thanks
:confused:

Peter K
25-Mar-2009, 04:23
The bellows of the Kardan Standard isn't exchangeable, it's glued to the standards. Remove the bellows only if a spare bellows is at hand because such an old bellows can be very brittle.

The Kardan Standard uses lenses mounted on Technika 4x5" boards, also the turnable back is the same as the Technika back. It cannot removed too. But one can use Super-Rollex RF holders. And of course 4x5" double film holders.

substitute
25-Mar-2009, 05:36
Actually the camera came with a new bellow, so I will be able to change it if need be.

Glueing it and changing it will need to be documented for me I suppose...but we'll see.
As for the boards then I will need Technika 4x5 good to know!
The back can not turn in my opinion...Plus actually, the back has been damaged during shipping..

Can such backs be found?
:-(((

Thanks

Bob Salomon
25-Mar-2009, 06:41
Actually the camera came with a new bellow, so I will be able to change it if need be.

Glueing it and changing it will need to be documented for me I suppose...but we'll see.
As for the boards then I will need Technika 4x5 good to know!
The back can not turn in my opinion...Plus actually, the back has been damaged during shipping..

Can such backs be found?
:-(((

Thanks
There is a small button on the back that has to be pushed to rotate it. Did you do that?

The back can be repaired by a Linhof service center.

substitute
25-Mar-2009, 06:45
well I hope it will be possible to fix this...the tiny crook is broken but the rest of it is just fine!
Well I pushed the button but since the back wasn't locked it couldn't turn...I guess. It is rotating with the back on it. So that's a start!
That's my luck...

Peter K
25-Mar-2009, 07:11
As Bob recommended before, ask a Linhof service center. The Kardan Standard is a professional tool so there is no substitution for professional repair by DIY.