PDA

View Full Version : Shooting 8x10 Color Polaroid in the Field

bulrich
22-Mar-2009, 20:12
As a gift from a friend I was given a box of old 8x10 809 Color Polaroid. I found a processor and a holder from a friend as well.
Thing is I'd like to use this stuff out in the field and of course won't have an outlet handy to plug in the processor. I know this stuff is ancient history but wonder if anyone has tips to power? Car cigarette lighter? Car battery?

Gene McCluney
22-Mar-2009, 20:32
As a gift from a friend I was given a box of old 8x10 809 Color Polaroid. I found a processor and a holder from a friend as well.
Thing is I'd like to use this stuff out in the field and of course won't have an outlet handy to plug in the processor. I know this stuff is ancient history but wonder if anyone has tips to power? Car cigarette lighter? Car battery?

Just get you a small 12v car to 110v AC converter. These are generally available at car parts stores, big box stores, etc. Not expensive, as you don't need many amps of power.

darr
23-Mar-2009, 07:58
If you have the Polaroid model, it should have came with a hand crank as well.

Darr

bulrich
23-Mar-2009, 10:34
If it did, the hand crank is long gone. It's the 81-01 model.
I do have a adapter for the car. Will try that first.

Gene McCluney
23-Mar-2009, 11:17
If you can get it "for free", Calumet actually made a hand-crank processor for the Polaroid 8x10 materials.

Or you could just wait until you get home, and process all your exposures.

Torontoamateur
10-Feb-2024, 08:56
Does anyone use the bulky Polaroid process with the manual crank handle as a field processor?

xkaes
10-Feb-2024, 09:19
How old is the film? It should be stamped with an expiration date.

Daniel Unkefer
10-Feb-2024, 09:33
I shot fresh 8x10 B&W Polaroid back in the day, the instant feedback was delightful. In Reinhart Wolfe's last book he was shooting Tele 8x10 Color Polaroids of Architecture. They are beautiful.

Tin Can
10-Feb-2024, 09:46
In the Darkness of the Great Film Purge

I bought 8X10 Calumet Polaroid complete kit

Power and crank, with 2 holders

and a pile of film

Sold one holder to Japan that paid for the Lot

Film was old and not properly sealed from factory by design

I shot all the out of date film, poor results

But it was the new Roid shadows' of failure

LFPF WTB appeared, we made a deal, that member resold it later

No complaints

I think he broke even

lost the trail

I love FujiRoid as they seal it very well and lasts for years

I shoot Instax as it works better than the latest competition

Torontoamateur
12-Feb-2024, 07:39
A person is selling expired Poalrod Color expired 2019 I am wary of the quality and the condition of the chemical pods. Any comments on if this is worth buyng at $60 per sheet?

Tin Can
12-Feb-2024, 08:44
It must be OE sealed

Obviously by the sheet is not