PDA

View Full Version : Buying and selling used gear on this website

Ann Rehfeldt
22-Oct-1998, 15:01
This has been addressed obliquely before, but is there a classified section for used equipment somewhere on this LF home page, or does everyone regularly scan t he LF section of the photo.net/photo classifieds? Should there be a section here ? Yes, I know about Shutterbug, View Camera, and ebay.com; I'm looking for somet hing faster than the 2-3 month lead time of the magazines and more targeted than ebay. Thanks in advance, and apologies if it's right in front of me on this web site and I'm missing it....

Ellis Vener
22-Oct-1998, 15:40
Ann, I have been trying to get hold of you since your private e-mail to me yesterday about he equipment you queried me about. AOL does not like my mailprogram/browse r evidently i cannot e-mail you back. So please, please e-mail me your phone/fax number so I can get in contact with you.

For everyone else: Sorry to take up public bandwidth.

Ellis Vener

Houston, Texas

Henry Stanley
22-Oct-1998, 17:05
Hi Ann:

The classifieds on Photo.net work very well. I have bought and sold a number of items and have not had any bad experiences. In most cases, we usually "know" the person selling the item from past posts & discussions on Photo.net.

Also, there is a newsgroup called rec.photo.marketplace that seems to be very active, including LF.

al
23-Oct-1998, 04:43
Personally all i have had for offers when i tried to sell my equipment is low ball ridiculous offers by some dealers as well as some people that participate in the photo.net forum.

It will probably take a little longer but you should put an ad in a newspaper or keep trying everything until you get a reasonable price for your gear.

Malcolm Matusky
8-Jan-1999, 12:48
I have had very good experiences on e-bay, there is a large format section and would recommend anyone looking to buy or sell to check it out. I bought all of my LF eq on e-bay and will look for more in the future. Best feature is that the buyers and sellers are "known" and the rating system tries to keep things "honest." MJM