PDA

View Full Version : Schneider 350mm f11 Apo-Tele-Xenar Availability

Eric James
21-Mar-2009, 18:43
Can anyone provide availability information for Schneider's new 350mm lens? There's no word on the B&H, MPEX or Badger websites. I'm hoping that it hasn't become a casualty of the economy.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/news/110308_Apo-Tele-Xenar.htm

Gene McCluney
21-Mar-2009, 18:58
That looks like a real cool lens for limited bellows field cameras up to 8x10.

Eric James
1-Apr-2009, 22:45
A gentleman from Germany by the name of Fred Moseley emailed me last week - he had discovered this thread and wanted to reply but was unable to register to the forum. He wrote that he had pre-ordered one of these lenses months ago and was anxious to receive his from his dealer. He had learned that the lens was in production and that at least three had been made and shipped and he was hoping that more were soon to follow. So there is hope that the lens is still alive and forthcoming.

He also sent me a jpg of a beautiful city scape he had shot. Thanks again Fred - I hope that you can work through your registration difficulty so you can participate in the forum - cheers.

rachase
15-Apr-2009, 21:50
Any new updates on this - I am itching to get one. It would even be greater if Schneider came out with a Copal-1 450mm version of this.

Richard K.
16-Apr-2009, 07:36
Kevin Cruse at Schneider U.S.A. replied to me thusly yesterday, Wednesday, April 15. '09:

"We will have an ETA next week.

BR, Kevin.

Schneider Optics, Inc."

Richard K.
17-Apr-2009, 07:12
Got an e-mail today from Jeff at Badger that he expects delivery Monday or Tuesday next :D ...I haven't got a price yet. If somebody finds out, please post...

QCC
17-Apr-2009, 10:53
We will have them in stock on Tuesday or Wednesday. Price $1049.95

John Schneider
17-Apr-2009, 10:58
Glad I didn't spring for one of the grossly expensive 360 Fujinon-A's

Songyun
17-Apr-2009, 11:11
Glad I didn't spring for one of the grossly expensive 360 Fujinon-A's

but 360A has huge IC, good for 810...

Drew Wiley
17-Apr-2009, 11:12
Those "grossly expensive" Fuji A's are worth every cent: huge image circle and outstanding performance from very close range all the way to infinity. I've got a couple of them, so dependent upon them I have become. And I personally wouldn't want a smaller image circle for 8X10. However, it is certainly good news to have another high-quality option available, one which is even a little lighter in weight. A bit misleading to call it a "Tele" however. Eager to hear a performance report. Good hunting!

photographs42
17-Apr-2009, 11:42
From Sal on the other thread re: this lens
http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2966