PDA

View Full Version : Plus-x availablitly

blevblev
18-Mar-2009, 11:08
I've seen threads here about how there's no more plus-x, but I just bought some 120 plus-x. Is it that there's no more sheet plus-x?

It's hard to keep up with which film is still available in what format. Is there a page on this site that lists it all out? If not, there should be one....

Gene McCluney
18-Mar-2009, 14:56
Can't speak for roll, but there for sure is NO MORE sheet film Plus-X gone, gone.

Oren Grad
18-Mar-2009, 19:53
Yes, it's the sheet film that's gone; Plus-X roll film is still available.

With the move to a new coating facility a few years ago, the Kodak B&W film line was cut back to a core which has been stable for a while now. Off the top of my head, it's just PX, TX, TMX, TMY and TMZ in 35mm; PXP, TX, TXP, TMX and TMY in 120; and TXP, TMX and TMY in sheet film sizes. I'm not sure about the current status of long-roll film in 35mm and 70mm.

EDIT - I haven't kept track of what's what with Kodak's chromogenic B&W emulsions - I'm sure at least one of them is still available in 35 and possibly 120.

ghost
4-Apr-2009, 20:31
Yes, it's the sheet film that's gone; Plus-X roll film is still available.

With the move to a new coating facility a few years ago, the Kodak B&W film line was cut back to a core which has been stable for a while now. Off the top of my head, it's just PX, TX, TMX, TMY and TMZ in 35mm; PXP, TX, TXP, TMX and TMY in 120; and TXP, TMX and TMY in sheet film sizes. I'm not sure about the current status of long-roll film in 35mm and 70mm.

EDIT - I haven't kept track of what's what with Kodak's chromogenic B&W emulsions - I'm sure at least one of them is still available in 35 and possibly 120.

Can't you still get the 9.5 inch arial rolls and cut it yourself? i have a roll of Pan-X in the freeze....

Gene McCluney
5-Apr-2009, 01:38
Can't you still get the 9.5 inch arial rolls and cut it yourself? i have a roll of Pan-X in the freeze....

That is thin-base film like the 35mm and 120, not the thick base that normal sheet film is coated on.

Oren Grad
5-Apr-2009, 08:01
In addition to not being coated on the same base, it's also not the same emulsion. The spectral sensitivity of the aerial film is quite different, reflecting its intended special-purpose use.

neil poulsen
5-Apr-2009, 21:36
How about FP-4? I hear that's a good film. I plan to give it a try later this year.

Long Live Ilford!