PDA

View Full Version : 700 lot camera estate auction, April 4, 2009, Willoughby, OH 44094

John Powers
14-Mar-2009, 05:54
A large 700 lot camera collection estate auction, April 4, 2009 @ 12:00 PM, viewing preview time: April 1-3 from 10-5 April 4th from 8am to NOON, Fusco's Auction Hall, 38106 Euclid Ave., Willoughby, Ohio 44094, just east of Cleveland, OH USA. On-line bidding as well as on site.
http://www.fuscoauctions.com/Perms/aucgenerate.asp?EVENTID=255

This has everything from Minox to 11x14 Deardorff, with many large format items.

View lots
http://www.artfact.com/catalog/searchLots.cfm?scp=c&catalogRef=X4COMMGK5M

Auctioneers Note: This amazing collection will astound you as it has us. Many camera collectors across the country knew Bill Franko. He served as the past president of the Western Reserve Camera Collector's Society here in Cleveland and he amassed what is without a doubt the largest collection/accumulation of cameras, film making equipment, small to large format, lenses, tripods, etc. that we have ever seen in one spot. This multi-hundred lot auction could easily suffice as an entire camera show that would be more than worthwhile to travel to from anywhere in the world, literally! This will be a live auction that is open to the public. Floor bidding, absentee bidding and internet bidding will be available.

My only connection is that I have met the son of the deceased collector and know the person making the catalog.

John Powers

Bill_1856
14-Mar-2009, 06:17
WOW! I'll take one of each.

Sal Santamaura
14-Mar-2009, 06:57
WOW! I'll take one of each.Bill, that's too much financial stimulus to ask of one person. Why don't you just bid on Lot 676?

Bill_1856
14-Mar-2009, 07:53
Bill, that's too much financial stimulus to ask of one person. Why don't you just bid on Lot 676?

Thanks, Sal. I had actually only worked my way through #200 when my mind snapped. The price estimates on those items seem on the very high side to me.
And yes, I will bid on the Gandolfi! (Thanks for pointing it out.)

Andrew O'Neill
14-Mar-2009, 08:52
I felt like a kid in a candy store!!

walter23
14-Mar-2009, 12:32
They're seriously underestimating the value of some of those lots.