PDA

View Full Version : Print storage boxes?

Darin Boville
10-Mar-2009, 15:17
Not sure if this is the right forum...

Who is the best source nowadays for cardboard print storage boxes? I'm looking for something that looks decent but not a presentation box. Archival is great but "semi-archival" (whatever that means) is fine. The prints will be mounted and in plastic sleeves. 3-inch is better. Need about a half dozen each of 16x20 and 24x30 to start with. I'm located on the West Coast.

Anyone know of any deals out there?

Thanks,

--Darin

darr
10-Mar-2009, 15:29
ClearBags (http://www.clearbags.com/) sells all kinds of photo boxes and bags.
They have a west coast location as well.

Eric Woodbury
10-Mar-2009, 15:39
I get mine from Hollinger. A 3" box of 24 x 30s will take a forklift to move.

http://www.hollingercorp.com/

When you shop for this stuff, get "acid free". "Archival" is a buzz word.

Jon Shiu
10-Mar-2009, 15:40
Hi, I recommend the Light Impressions boxes. Just make sure they are in stock when you order.

Jon

jeroldharter
10-Mar-2009, 18:05
I buy mine from Light Impressions. However, I recently ordered some boxes and after a long delay they emailed me to say they could not get my boxes and canceled the order. I have mixed feeling about Light Impressions even though I buy almost all my framing and storage products from them. Sometimes they have good sales and the goods are top quality. However, the website is a little buggy, the shipping can be slow and expensive, and product availability spotty.

Vaughn
10-Mar-2009, 19:13
http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_2/section2_12.htm

I have found these to be quite a bit better than what I have gotten through Light Impressions.

Vaughn

BarryS
10-Mar-2009, 19:51
I found Adorama had the best prices for archival drop-front storage boxes. Their house brand is sourced from Conservation Resources International, and the quality is very good.

Merg Ross
10-Mar-2009, 21:02
I buy mine from Light Impressions. However, I recently ordered some boxes and after a long delay they emailed me to say they could not get my boxes and canceled the order. I have mixed feeling about Light Impressions even though I buy almost all my framing and storage products from them. Sometimes they have good sales and the goods are top quality. However, the website is a little buggy, the shipping can be slow and expensive, and product availability spotty.

For over twenty years, I was a customer of Light Impressions, during their years in Rochester and after their move to California. My orders were often $500 plus. The quality of their products was, in my opinion, excellent.

However, recently I have found a decline in service, with lengthy delays and backorders, to the point that I can no longer use them as a supplier. With a two month lead time on my last exhibit, they could not deliver the goods.

I wrote them of my disappointment, but never heard back. I would like nothing better than to support them, but they are no longer the excellent company that they once were.

ljsegil
11-Mar-2009, 03:36
I have been happy (although I don't have the widest experience for judging) with Print File Archival storage boxes and other supplies.
LJS

Brian Ellis
11-Mar-2009, 06:59
I no longer deal with Light Impressions. Lke Merg, said they aren't what they used to be. I recently bought some 12x15 or so "archival" storage boxes from Adorama. They cost a lot less and FWIW look identical to those I used to buy from Light Impressions. I believe Adorama touts them as "archival," not that the word "archival" has any real meaning.