PDA

View Full Version : Plasticca on the loose.....

Emil Schildt
7-Mar-2009, 17:45
well - Auction Team Breaker is soon to have one of their auctions, and as usual they have SO much nice stuff in there...

SO many lenses, my stomac hurts..

Among these lenses there is a 400mm Plasticca lens in perfect condition.

estimated at ca 600$ (not too expensive, compared to what I have seen before..)

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/art-portrait-lens-plasticca-511-c-196d4e4650

(lot 510)

EDIT: Lot 513 is even worse...

7 lenses, where the plasticca is one of them...

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/rare-art-portrait-lens-plasticca-and-more-514-c-7c5a7be025

Have fun looking in there..

Sven Schroder
8-Mar-2009, 02:24
Hi

Also over on ebay item number 120384389195, 10hrs to go and still for pennys.
I am not bidding or conected to the auction just a heads up.

Regards
Sven

Emil Schildt
8-Mar-2009, 05:49
very interesting!

450mm is a biggy..

I'd love to have that one.

Emil Schildt
8-Mar-2009, 12:51
that "bay Plasticca went for approx 570$...

overbid by a looong shot...

(hate snipers)

seawolf66
9-Mar-2009, 09:01
If you wish to drool go to this site and see all the Rollei's there at that auction site:

http://www.artfact.com/catalog/searchLots.cfm?scp=c&catalogRef=WC4C3MP3YZ

Jim Galli
9-Mar-2009, 09:19
If you wish to drool go to this site and see all the Rollei's there at that auction site:

http://www.artfact.com/catalog/searchLots.cfm?scp=c&catalogRef=WC4C3MP3YZ

And then think about the 26.78 percent over and above your bid and how the hell you're going to pay someone in Gemany who doesn't allow credit cards, Paypal etc. Pretty pictures but the problems seemed daunting to me.

Emil Schildt
9-Mar-2009, 14:25
And then think about the 26.78 percent over and above your bid and how the hell you're going to pay someone in Gemany who doesn't allow credit cards, Paypal etc. Pretty pictures but the problems seemed daunting to me.

Same auction. I noticed all 843 lots... And found many, many of interest...

Trust me - I have been drooling.
Not so much for the Rollei's (I have enough), but for so many others.

Jim: IF you want, I could pay (easy for me, being in Europe), and then we could figure something out..

(A rollei for a Struss? :D )

Jim Galli
9-Mar-2009, 14:35
Same auction. I noticed all 843 lots... And found many, many of interest...

Trust me - I have been drooling.
Not so much for the Rollei's (I have enough), but for so many others.

Jim: IF you want, I could pay (easy for me, being in Europe), and then we could figure something out..

(A rollei for a Struss? :D )

I liked that until I got to the part about figure something out :cool:

Maybe I will put a cloth over the keyboard for when I drool and go wade through some of those. Fun to look. I am a window shopper. I have enough for a couple of life times already.

Emil Schildt
9-Mar-2009, 17:19
I liked that until I got to the part about figure something out :cool:

Maybe I will put a cloth over the keyboard for when I drool and go wade through some of those. Fun to look. I am a window shopper. I have enough for a couple of life times already.

seriously, if there would be something you just can't live without, then I think we could arrange something...

Pete Roody
10-Mar-2009, 07:49
another problem with auctions on the net is you can't really judge condition because the auctioneer does not have the knowledge or does not take the time to describe the item completely. on-line bidders drive the prices way too high without knowing what the actual condition is. sounds like ebay, but it is actually worse. skinner in boston has live auctions with internet bidding and they got ridiculous amounts for lenses that were not accurately described. i had a spy from Rosendale at one auction who was able to view lenses that i would have been interested in. some were unusable because of defects. they still sold at high prices to internet bidders though. also, as Jim said, you have add almost 30% to the hammer price also so even the low estimates seem high.

none of this stuff is so rare that you won't have other opportunities to buy one. if you were interested in something truly rare, say if they were pinkham's, you would be spending real dollars and it would probably worth the flight to Germany to view the items.

Pete Roody
10-Mar-2009, 07:56
hmmm, after browsing the site, i see quite a few rare lenses. maybe we will have to send the Rosendale spy to Germany. :)

Jim Galli
10-Mar-2009, 08:36
There's some neat stuff. I made it through about lot 500 yesterday. The Voigtlaender section is nice. That big #9 Petzval!! Holy cow. Way out of this poor boy's league.

eddie
10-Mar-2009, 09:31
i looked. i can get a flight from NY to germany nonstop return for $390.....i will go. who wants to buy?.....:)

eddie