PDA

View Full Version : Show in Riverside,CA • March 27-29, 2009

matthew blais
4-Mar-2009, 18:25
We are having an exhibition at the end of this month in Riverside, CA.
I managed to procure some free commercial space (2000 sq. ft), musicians and am working to get more donated items for free raffle/door prizes, wine and anything else I can think of to attract people.

Here's the flyer, and hope to see some of you there...
http://www.matthewblaisphotography.com/clients/SHOWUP_Eflyer.jpg

highandwild
4-Mar-2009, 18:41
Congrats. I'm sure I can make it down there one of those days. Looking forward to it!

Jim Fitzgerald
4-Mar-2009, 19:41
I've seen the work from my friends in the show and I know it will be a lot of fun. Come one come all!

Jim

vinny
8-Mar-2009, 13:30
I'll be there.

Brian Vuillemenot
8-Mar-2009, 17:49
Sounds like a real hoot! Good luck guys!

matthew blais
12-Mar-2009, 16:33
There's also going to be a live global podcast of the musical guests from what the music coordinator told me.
It'll be at www.justin.tv/mangobang

They'll probably interview a few or all of us as well...I'll try to get them to cruise through our exhibit.

QT Luong
12-Mar-2009, 16:53
sounds like a great event. wish you all the best of luck (won't be in the area at that time). fyi that's "emerging" and "hors d'oeuvres".

matthew blais
12-Mar-2009, 18:41
sounds like a great event. wish you all the best of luck (won't be in the area at that time). fyi that's "emerging" and "hors d'oeuvres".

We went with emergent...it's in the dictionary.. :)

Hors d'ouevres always gets me...

Hugo Zhang
12-Mar-2009, 19:30
Matt,

I was tempted the other day by promise of live models too. Is that true?:)

matthew blais
12-Mar-2009, 20:49
Yep Hugo...better than the dead ones, 'cause I hate digging things up.. :)

David Karp
12-Mar-2009, 21:34
Congrats guys. Enjoy.

vinny
14-Mar-2009, 18:02
David, you're coming right?

David Karp
15-Mar-2009, 19:28
We are going to try!

Jim Fitzgerald
22-Mar-2009, 18:07
We are having an exhibition at the end of this month in Riverside, CA.
I managed to procure some free commercial space (2000 sq. ft), musicians and am working to get more donated items for free raffle/door prizes, wine and anything else I can think of to attract people.

Here's the flyer, and hope to see some of you there...
http://www.matthewblaisphotography.com/clients/SHOWUP_Eflyer.jpg

Well, my prints are done and now it is time to get everything else ready for the show. If anyone is interested in what a carbon transfer print looks like I will have 4 8x10's and 2 11x14's at the show. Not to toot my own horn but if you have never seen a carbon print now is the time to take a look, they look great all framed up! There will be many other alternative prints on display too. Hope to see many of you there.

Jim

Jim Graves
22-Mar-2009, 18:56
Jim ... you should toot your own horn ... I was in Yosemite last week and saw the Renaissance Exhibit with your Eye of the Oak 8x10 carbon print that was selected for inclusion by the judges ... very nice ... and, congratulations on that, by the way.

Jim Fitzgerald
22-Mar-2009, 19:13
Jim ... you should toot your own horn ... I was in Yosemite last week and saw the Renaissance Exhibit with your Eye of the Oak 8x10 carbon print that was selected for inclusion by the judges ... very nice ... and, congratulations on that, by the way.

Jim, thank you. That means a lot to me. I just wish they would have let me display the image without the acrylic glazing. The relief is so much more apparent without it.

Have fun at the workshop in April. I'm going to try to get to the valley that Friday the 17th. I would love to see you and Vaughn again.

Jim

Erik Larsen
22-Mar-2009, 21:19
I'd love to see the show! I'm kind out here in analog purgatory, there's nothing but digital around. I have never seen a carbon transfer print in "real life". Jim if you have any throw aways or mistakes I would love to see what the hoopla is about. Cut one of your "destined for the trash bin" test prints in half and put it in an envelope so I can see what it actually is:) I can't seem to picture the "relief" aspect of it all.
Anyway, good luck with the show to all the artist involved!
regards
erik

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Mar-2009, 06:57
I'd love to see the show! I'm kind out here in analog purgatory, there's nothing but digital around. I have never seen a carbon transfer print in "real life". Jim if you have any throw aways or mistakes I would love to see what the hoopla is about. Cut one of your "destined for the trash bin" test prints in half and put it in an envelope so I can see what it actually is:) I can't seem to picture the "relief" aspect of it all.
Anyway, good luck with the show to all the artist involved!
regards
erik

Erik, PM me with your address and I'll send you one. Once you see one you may understand why I have not printed anything but carbon transfer for some time now.

Thanks,

Jim

Erik Larsen
23-Mar-2009, 16:17
Many thanks Jim! I really appreciate it!
regards
erik

Jim Fitzgerald
23-Mar-2009, 17:54
Erik, I'll get one in the mail ASAP.

Jim

vinny
26-Mar-2009, 19:23
I've got a big box o framed prints loaded up and many more for the bin. Who's coming to Riverside?

Jon Shiu
27-Mar-2009, 16:52
Good luck with the show! Sounds like fun.

Jon

PViapiano
27-Mar-2009, 22:00
Hi all...

I'm going to be there around 11:30am tomorrow (Saturday)...hope most of you will be there. Can't wait to see all of your works...! Congrats!

Paul Viapiano

Hugo Zhang
27-Mar-2009, 22:21
Hi,

I have just got back from the show. How nice to see all my friends there, Domenico, Jim, Matt, Per, Dan, Vinny and Terri! Enchanting images and sweet live music floating all over the space with the delicious food and wine!

I have had a great time and people really need to go there and see those beautiful pictures and talk to those smiling guys.

Hugo

Vaughn
28-Mar-2009, 10:31
I am sorry that I can not make to the other end of the state to see the show. Will anyone be posting images or perhaps a YouTube video of the affair?!

Vaughn

PViapiano
28-Mar-2009, 22:28
This was one of the best photography shows I have ever attended! Besides being an incredibly gracious group of guys and gals, their work just blew me away and provided a boatload of inspiration.

I was so speechless and truly humbled that I almost lost my way home thinking of all the great prints I saw...

Bravo to all of you, and thanks for a great hang this afternoon!

matthew blais
29-Mar-2009, 19:15
Great seeing you there Paul, and thanks for your generous comments.

Jim Fitzgerald
29-Mar-2009, 22:13
I just got home from the show and I too wish to thank all who attended. I want to again thank Matt for putting this together. Without his inspiration and very hard work getting this together it would have never happened. Some very nice work was shown and congrat's to all.

Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
29-Mar-2009, 22:19
I am sorry that I can not make to the other end of the state to see the show. Will anyone be posting images or perhaps a YouTube video of the affair?!

Vaughn

Vaughn, I'm sure someone will have something somewhere soon. I think Vinny was doing some video. I decided to show the carbon with glass on Friday and then without glass the rest of the show. What a difference without glass!

JIm