PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss Biogon 75mm and Zeiss Planar 135mm for 4X5

J. P. Mose
10-Aug-2001, 11:40
I am interested in purchasing the subject lenses. I realize these lenses do not have great coverage. I am interested in your opinions on how these lenses rate on sharpness, resolution and contrast compared to current lenses such as APO Sym mars, etc. Chris Perez's website does not have a test on the Zeiss lenses. Has anyone performed a resolution test on these lenses? One final question: Are " Linhof select" lenses any better or are you just reducing the probability of get ting the occasional "dud"? Thanks for your help!

Walter Glover
10-Aug-2001, 15:23
In response to your 'One final question': I understand from three sources connected closely to Linhof that the acceptance criteria at Linhof is some "10% - 15%" higher at Linhof thereby screening the duds with greater caution. That said, however, the same folk said that the reject rate (from Schneider) is pretty low these days. Curious stuff, eh?

Walter

Bob Salomon
10-Aug-2001, 17:33
Did they tell you what the test is?

Linhof purchased a 250,000 DM Siemens Star projector from Rodenstock (so did Sinar) to do the same final QC test that the Rodenstock factory uses.

That test + a test using a light in a dark box to check for foreign objects (dust, dirt, flecks of material) are the two tests that most lenses that are rejected fail. (lenses tested have already passsed the manufacturer's own tests.

Walter Glover
10-Aug-2001, 20:29
Thank you Bob, that is most interesting.

Cheers ... Walter

ernest_1189
24-Dec-2005, 04:54
My Zeiss planar 135mm f3.5 with electrical shutter, do you know what version is my planar? and what year made? What is the difference between old version and the new version? Thanks