PDA

View Full Version : QR plate for Super Graphic?

John Whitley
24-Feb-2009, 21:45
I have a new Super Graphic on the way. I plan to use it for a fair bit of handheld shooting, but I'll naturally want to put it on a tripod on occasion. To that end can anyone recommend an Arca-compatible QR plate that works well with a Super Graphic?

venchka
25-Feb-2009, 07:00
RRS plates, several different ones, work on my Speed Graphic. In fact, I have mounted plates on both tripod sockets to make switching from horizontal to vertical quick and easy. I don't know if that helps or not.

al olson
25-Feb-2009, 07:05
The Super Graphic has a quick release plate that was designed for the camera. There are two holes on either side of the tripod socket where the pegs on the plate fit in. They are darn hard to find, even on ebay, and when they appear people bid the price up beyond what is reasonable. I have given up looking but you might have better luck.

John Whitley
25-Feb-2009, 08:23
The Super Graphic has a quick release plate that was designed for the camera. There are two holes on either side of the tripod socket where the pegs on the plate fit in.

I'm aware of these, but to use one I'm supposing that I'd have to put an Arca-style QR plate on it...? (All my support is setup for Arca-style QR.)

John Whitley
25-Feb-2009, 08:24
RRS plates, several different ones, work on my Speed Graphic. In fact, I have mounted plates on both tripod sockets to make switching from horizontal to vertical quick and easy. I don't know if that helps or not.

Good to know. I'll contact the RSS folks and see what they recommend. Thanks.

Daniel_Buck
25-Feb-2009, 12:02
I've just used a 'generic' shaped arca QR plate on my speed graphic, it's just one of the flat square ones, not fitted or anything. Seems to work good on a speedgraphic.