PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak Diffusion Ring Stuck

harold wilson
21-Feb-2009, 13:22
Recently revieved a few Wollensak lens that have the diffusion ring on the front on the lens. The only problem is all seem to frozem or stuck. I need to know which way these should turn, if they should be removerable from lens, if so clockwise or counterclockwise Also need info on frre and lubricating ring to free it up. Any informatiom would be hklpful as I don't want to do any damage because of lack of knowledge. Thanks

Kevin Klazek
22-Feb-2009, 10:39
Harold, I have a 12 in Velo with the diffusion ring. You should see the numbers 0 to 5 on the front ring. When facing the front of the lens, you turn it counter clockwise to move from 0 to 1 to 2 etc. There is an internal screw stop that stops the rings rotation at 5 so it will not come off. Sorry , can't help you with freeing up the rings as mine turns very smoothly.

Jim Noel
22-Feb-2009, 11:14
I use a product called "Drop-l-Do It". I have had it for many years and don't know the current source. It seems to be molybdenum suspended in a volatile solvent. I first learned about it from the Leica Society.