PDA

View Full Version : Need push-on lens caps, quite a few.

Gene McCluney
21-Feb-2009, 12:44
I need a source for push-on lenscaps from 30mm on up to 70+mm sizes. I can only find a wide variety on the B&H website. Is there another vendor? I am going to need up to 30 caps, various sizes.

John Schneider
21-Feb-2009, 12:52
The only other source I know of is a well-stocked camera store like Photomark. Almost all these caps will be the German Kaiser brand. KEH sells used caps, but the price is usually close to the new price, so I only buy from them if it's something unusual like a vintage leatherette cap.

Oren Grad
21-Feb-2009, 13:05
Kaiser is it, if you want a large selection of odd sizes at relatively low prices.

Here's another retailer that carries them:

http://www.photofilter.com/hoods.htm#Lens%20Caps

But I've been ordering mine from B&H.

mikec
21-Feb-2009, 14:19
Take a ruler to a supermarket. I was needing a number of 77mm caps and found a mustard container had what I needed. A plastic cover of exactly the OD of the lenses. On top of that I get the mustard and the body of it is a whiskey glass. Not cristal, but I don't weep when I break one. Costs the equiqalent of $3. You might be lucky in finding something equivalent.

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2009, 21:31
Any dealer that has an account with us can sell you the Kaiser caps.

Paul Bujak
22-Feb-2009, 10:02
If you are fortunate enough to have one of those photo swap meets (trade show?) near you, there are usually several dealers with boxes of various caps and stuff. Takes some searching but for two or three bucks a pop, it's worth it.