PDA

View Full Version : Omega Super Chromega F Dichroic II

fotoguy
18-Feb-2009, 14:10
Hello all, I'm new to the board. I was hoping someone knows what an Omega Super Chromega F Dichroic II (8X10) enlarger is worth these days? It's in great shape and is ready to set-up and use. Includes 210 Rodenstock lens, glass carrier, power supply, etc.
many thanks, Paul

Ash
18-Feb-2009, 14:15
Mine cost me about £200 and a trip to pick it up. That was last year when money was good.

Gem Singer
18-Feb-2009, 14:31
Paul,

Where are you located and how much will you pay someone to come and pick it up?

All kidding aside, darkroom equipment has become obsolete. The economy has tanked. Not many buyers out there who are willing to pay what the item is actually worth.

fotoguy
18-Feb-2009, 14:36
I'm in Houston, TX. It's been sitting in my place for years and I'm finally coming to grips with parting with it. As you know, it's a beast and I need the space. Thanks for your replies.

Nathan Potter
18-Feb-2009, 15:17
I'd be on this in a minute if I was still doing 8 X 10 and offer something under $500. I used one of these in an industrial setting, although I had to fool with film and easel alignment a bit, but it was a great setup. OK you Houston area LF-ers get on this; but if you close a deal you'll need a truck!

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Gene McCluney
18-Feb-2009, 18:58
I believe, if your enlarger is like mine, is a 10x10 not an 8x10. Isn't the light source square?

Mark Sampson
18-Feb-2009, 19:20
10x10 is correct. One of the physically smaller enlargers that takes 8x10 film or 9x9 aerial negs. Someone grab this! Then your biggest (literally) problem will be finding 30x40 b/w paper and an easy means to process it.

timbo10ca
18-Feb-2009, 19:48
Paul- how much would you sell the lens/flange/disc/cone assembly for? I'd be interested if it will fit on the E 5x7 model. Anybody here know if this would work? Send me a pm if you'll part it out.

Tim

iozone
18-Feb-2009, 20:03
Hi Paul,

I might be interested. What are its dimensions?
I guess how tall it is is of most concern.

Jim Galli
19-Feb-2009, 07:59
I paid $750 for one last year. Pristine condition with a 300 Nikkor.

ic-racer
19-Feb-2009, 08:13
Dimensions, per the user's manual.

fotoguy
19-Feb-2009, 08:22
Paul- how much would you sell the lens/flange/disc/cone assembly for? I'd be interested if it will fit on the E 5x7 model. Anybody here know if this would work? Send me a pm if you'll part it out.

Tim

Thanks Tim, but I'd rather not part it out.
Paul

DeBone75
19-Feb-2009, 17:28
I payed $250.00 for mine last May. Has a 300mm Schnider and several cones.

Ray Astley
22-May-2009, 06:27
Is The Chassis The Same As A Omega F?

Brian Ellis
22-May-2009, 08:03
Though the market is much smaller, I suspect that 8x10 enlargers may be holding up in price slightly better than 4x5 now that all the 8x10s the labs gave away when they went out of business or switched to digital have pretty much been taken up. Obviously your problem is shipping. Something this big is likely going to cost more to ship than a buyer would be willing to pay for the enlarger. So you'll have to find a buyer within delivery distance, which limits your market. But at least you're in a major metropolitan area. I'd put it on Craig's List and see what happens. You could also try the free classifieds at www.photo.net and here as well. I'm guessing you might get $200- $300 for it if you can find a buyer who'll pick it up but that's a complete guess.

Ray Astley
21-Jun-2009, 11:58
Any One Know Where I Can Get My Hands On A Omega F Condenser Enlarger Manual,or Does Anyone Know Who Has Got One Of These Enlargers Like Me,would Love To Find Someone.

Greg Blank
21-Jun-2009, 14:04
I don't have the enlarger, but I can check the Omega enlargers file at Omega when I go back to work tomorrow. Send me your email address there to gblank<at>omegasatter.com

I'll see if I can find one and send you a PDF.

Any One Know Where I Can Get My Hands On A Omega F Condenser Enlarger Manual,or Does Anyone Know Who Has Got One Of These Enlargers Like Me,would Love To Find Someone.

Gene McCluney
28-Jun-2009, 13:09

There is a company that specializes in repair and parts for Omega enlargers. They offer the operations manual for this enlarger, which has wiring schematics. This enlarger was current up until just recently (or may still be). Here is a company that offers the manual:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/Manuals.htm

s_takeda
15-Aug-2009, 20:14
I may be able to buy this, and I wonder how many people need to pick up this enlarger. 500lb... I guess 2 people and and a dolly is not good enough??

DeBone75
16-Aug-2009, 04:51
My 87 year old dad and I loaded it my Expedtion. My son and I carried it up to my attic. Took us 20 min to carry main beam section. The head comes off as does the base board. The beam and rolling base are about 350 pounds. Assembled about 500

venchka
16-Aug-2009, 07:44
Whatever happened to this enlarger? I'm in Houston.

Jrewt
16-Aug-2009, 08:52
Where are you guys finding these enlargers for so cheap?! I found a saunders 4x5 in mint condition for 1200$ locally! Insanity.

venchka
16-Aug-2009, 09:02
Jrewt,

Where's locally? Did you explain the facts of market life to the seller?

Jrewt
16-Aug-2009, 10:46
Jrewt,

Where's locally? Did you explain the facts of market life to the seller?

I am in Georgia, so it's pretty rare to find big color enlargers here. Explaining the fact of life to these folks does work some of the time- but so far no luck in the enlarger department!

Cheers

Dave Langendonk
20-Sep-2009, 06:44
My 87 year old dad and I loaded it my Expedtion...

You sure you didn't have a little help from the guy who sold it to you? ;)

ic-racer
20-Sep-2009, 08:14
Where are you guys finding these enlargers for so cheap?! I found a saunders 4x5 in mint condition for 1200$ locally! Insanity.

My crazy theory is that for everyone that wants to get rich selling an old enlarger, there is someone else throwing one away....

Otherwise the first law of thermodynamics will be violated:D

Brian Ellis
20-Sep-2009, 08:46
If you have to ship it it's probably worth almost nothing - shipping cost likely would be more than anything a buyer would pay. I had two sales of my 4x5 enlarger fall through because the buyers hadn't realized what the shipping cost would be when they agreed to buy it despite my warnings. I finally found someone who picked it up and paid about 10% of what I paid for it. If you could find a local buyer I'd guess you could sell it for something in the $300 - $500 range.

iozone
20-Sep-2009, 10:24
For the record, this enlarger now resides in Longview, TX. The afore mentioned price ranges just about nailed it, including a 210 Rodagon lens.

DeBone75
20-Sep-2009, 12:06
"You sure you didn't have a little help from the guy who sold it to you"
Well yes and your tractor. My mistake. I'm sorry