PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sinar 8X10 changing kit

Songyun
17-Feb-2009, 23:55
Does it work on both F and P models?
I remember seeing somewhere said that the one fits P model doesn't fit F model. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks!

BennehBoy
18-Feb-2009, 01:37
My understanding is that the F, F2, P, & P2 _full_ kits will work on any of the cameras - the problem comes, I believe, if you try to mix and match the bellow & frames of the various kits. This is because the P2 kit has a metering back and thus its bellow rear connector is slightly larger in size than that of the P & F bellow/frame. As far as I know the non metering P & F changing kit is one and the same thing.

PS, the only snag that I know of is that if you buy an F2 8x10 camera, the frame is permanently attached to the special 8x10 rear bearer so you can't remove it to put it on an F, P or P2.

Allen in Montreal
18-Feb-2009, 07:59
Disclaimer, I no longer own a Sinar and have not for a very long time.

My understanding is an F 8x10 kit includes the entire rear standard and bellows etc and will fit on a camera using a P front standard. You can not however buy a P frame kit (which does not include the standard bearer) and bellows and use them on an F rear standard. If you buy a Sinar 8x10 P kit that does include the full rear standard bearer (rail clamp etc) then yes, slide in on and connect to an F front standard.

I hope I have expressed myself in a comprehendible manner. :(

Gene McCluney
18-Feb-2009, 08:55
AFAIK, from my own personal Sinar equipment, the 8x10 "conversion" back requires a "P" style rear standard. It will not attach to an "F" rear standard. The front standard can be any Sinar standard.

Robert Fisher
18-Feb-2009, 09:02
Gene, do you have a spare front or rear 810 P/P2 block that you would sell?

Any other P/P2 gear??

Archphoto
18-Feb-2009, 09:43
The bellows should be no problem, but the rest will depend of what you have right now.
I have the P2 8x10 blocks and use it for 4x5 aswell.
Check with your camera if you can remove just the rear frame and search in the program-overview for the right kit.

Songyun
18-Feb-2009, 11:18
Disclaimer, I no longer own a Sinar and have not for a very long time.

My understanding is an F 8x10 kit includes the entire rear standard and bellows etc and will fit on a camera using a P front standard. You can not however buy a P frame kit (which does not include the standard bearer) and bellows and use them on an F rear standard. If you buy a Sinar 8x10 P kit that does include the full rear standard bearer (rail clamp etc) then yes, slide in on and connect to an F front standard.

I hope I have expressed myself in a comprehendible manner. :(

I have an F2 now, if I would like to use 8X10, either I get a P carrier and conversion kit or buy an F 8X10 rear standard with frame with bellow, right?
Thanks!

BennehBoy
18-Feb-2009, 12:31
Well, I stand corrected on the F & F2 rear bearers, I thought they had the same thumbscrew release and mounting pad as the p & p2.

Allen in Montreal
18-Feb-2009, 13:26
I have an F2 now, if I would like to use 8X10, either I get a P carrier and conversion kit or buy an F 8X10 rear standard with frame with bellow, right?
Thanks!

Correct, the two had 8x10 format changng kits but were each were bundled differently.

The F kit cam as seen in the hacked up picture lift from an E bay ad below, :(
The P kit came built around the interchangeable frame seen below (with the glass holder bellows etc which i could not find quickly on the evil to show)

Allen in Montreal
18-Feb-2009, 13:31
Which you would attached to your rear standard bearer that came with your P camera.

bbauer
18-Feb-2009, 16:03
if you're putting a kit together piecemeal, be aware that there are two different 8x10 bellows with slightly different frame sizes for the rear section, with both types having the same dimensions for the forward section.