PDA

View Full Version : 210mm Plasmat in closed Technika?

Bill_1856
17-Feb-2009, 06:23
By using a recessed lensboard, a 180mm Symmar/Compur fits into my closed Technika. Is there a 210mm Plasmat (Symmar, Sironar, etc) which can be carried in a closed Technika? (My 8.25" Dagor would fit, but the huge Ilex shutter is too big for a recessed board.)

Bob Salomon
17-Feb-2009, 06:30
Linhof does not make a recessed board for a 1 size shutter so you would have to fabricate one. After doing so a 210 Sironar/symmar type lens will not fit closed because besides being too long the front of the lens is too large in diameter to fit through the area in the bed/track which would prevent the camera from closing. Before you ask the same is true for a 180mm or even a 150 like the Apo Sironar W. The longest lens that will close on a recessed board is the 150 Apo Sironar S and similar dimensioned lenses in a 0 shutter. That also means that the lens can not be in a Prontor Professional as that shutter can not fit into a recessed board.

Peter K
17-Feb-2009, 06:42
The Symmar f/5.6/210mm has the same size of filter thread as the Symmar 180mm. Both lenses mounted on flat lensboards can be carried in my closed Technika 4x5".

Of course not both but the one or the other.

Sven Schroder
17-Feb-2009, 11:41
Hi

A 210 Schneider "Repro Claron" (not G Claron) may not be a plasmat but comes in a copal/compur 0 and thereby tiny and should fit.
Regards
Sven

Bill_1856
21-Feb-2009, 12:35
The Symmar f/5.6/210mm has the same size of filter thread as the Symmar 180mm. Both lenses mounted on flat lensboards can be carried in my closed Technika 4x5".

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Peter!
I've had my Tech IV for over 30 years and the 8.25 Dagor for 15, and it never occured to me that it could be closed because I knew that the Ilex #3 is too large for a recessed lensboard. D'oh! After your remark I tried it, and it closes perfectly (even with a Series 6 adapter ring stuck on the front element.
Again, thanks, thanks, thanks.