PDA

View Full Version : Table of Rapax shutter dimensions/applications?

John Schneider
16-Feb-2009, 14:44
Does anyone know of a resource with Rapax shutters dimensions and applications? The usual places (SK Grimes etc.) have most every shutter except Rapax.

I have a 75mm Goerz Rectagon in Rapax that needs a new shutter (Carol said it's unfixable). The front and rear cell threads are bizarrely almost but not quite the same size (39.3mm front, 40mm rear).

My first choice would be to find the same size shutter on an eBay auction rather than go through the expense of having it mounted in a new shutter. If money was no option, however...

Darren Kruger
16-Feb-2009, 15:50
I have a 75mm Goerz Rectagon in Rapax that needs a new shutter (Carol said it's unfixable). The front and rear cell threads are bizarrely almost but not quite the same size (39.3mm front, 40mm rear).

I have an old Wollensak sales document with some of the dimensions from their shutters. The measurements seem to match up with a Rapax #3. Front threads were listed at 1 35/64"; rear threads were 1 37/64". As far as I can tell, Wollensak didn't make another shutter with these dimensions.

-Darren

Dan Fromm
16-Feb-2009, 15:59
Here is an incomplete list: http://www.suaudeau.eu/memo/pratique/Les_obturateurs_centraux.html

Benoit's site is worth exploring.