PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Pan-Tilt question

iozone
13-Feb-2009, 20:25
Very briefly, I need a Pan-Tilt for a Norma. My question is, what is the difference in a Norma Pan-Tilt and a later style Pan-Tilt? Will the late model work with a Norma, no problem?

Thanks,

Frank Petronio
13-Feb-2009, 20:56
Yes they are all the same except in cosmetics.

iozone
13-Feb-2009, 21:56
Thanks, photos I've seen appeared that locating pins may be in different locations.

Frank Petronio
13-Feb-2009, 22:39
I could be wrong then... sorry. I've had the black and the green ones but never at the same time. It seems that I recall putting a Norma black on a black one and vice versa though. But I am starting to sound like Bill Clin... (insert favorite Politician's name).

Robert Fisher
14-Feb-2009, 06:57
I have a small collection of Pan/Tilts. Yes the Norma era heads have two pins located on the surface designed strictly for the Norma body.

iozone
14-Feb-2009, 09:27
I have a small collection of Pan/Tilts. Yes the Norma era heads have two pins located on the surface designed strictly for the Norma body.

Yes there is currently a good picture on ebay of a Norma Pan Tilt. It has the two smaller pins in the left and right front quadrants. My Norma base doesn't seem to have receptors for these. Do you think they are easily removable without mucking up the Pan-Tilt?

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
14-Feb-2009, 09:39
The Norma needs no receptors, you adjust the rail clamp against those pins and then fasten the screw. When you use this Norma head for the P series you put the clamp on top of those pins and they sink in, so you can use it for the P as well.

iozone
14-Feb-2009, 09:59
The Norma needs no receptors, you adjust the rail clamp against those pins and then fasten the screw. When you use this Norma head for the P series you put the clamp on top of those pins and they sink in, so you can use it for the P as well.

Great!!

Thanks Much,

Robert Fisher
14-Feb-2009, 10:00
Please do not remove the pins.

The pins merely help retain the Norma "bench holder" in a centered position when securing. These pins are OUTSIDE the perimeter of the space occupied by the base of the Norma "bench holder".

iozone
14-Feb-2009, 10:22
I guess my original question metamorphasized. And the meaning of is, is..

Thanks to all who responded.

Robert Fisher
14-Feb-2009, 11:13
sorry iozone

new, old, any era Pan/Tilt works on any version of Norma era "bench holder" or P/P2 era "rail clamp/tripod"

iozone
14-Feb-2009, 13:44
sorry iozone

new, old, any era Pan/Tilt works on any version of Norma era "bench holder" or P/P2 era "rail clamp/tripod"

Robert,

Absolutely nothing to be sorry for. Frank answered the question in the very first response. It was my little pinhead that couldn't grasp what those extra pins were for.

BTW I hope to see you at the Houston Workshop next week.

Ed Rucker