PDA

View Full Version : A thank you to LF Photo Forum

putty-root
13-Feb-2009, 14:44
Hello to all you LF folks! I just wanted to give thanks for this forum. I recently began using a 4x5 Wisner, which I love. But I was having some difficulty with light leaks. It is only because of some advice given on some previous threads that I was able to figure out not only what the problem was, but how to deal with it.

So, THANK YOU!

venchka
13-Feb-2009, 15:29
Aye! Same from me too. Many thanks!

John Whitley
13-Feb-2009, 16:45
Motion, er.. thirded.. ;)

I've received a lot of accumulated wisdom from the LFF articles and forum pages that has been very useful in my early days of LF shooting.

Tim k
15-Feb-2009, 12:19
Yep, me too. I was a certified 4x5 virgin a year ago.

Thanks to all you guys, I have found the answers to some major mysteries. Like "how you get the film to the drugstore", "and how to sneak camera stuff into the house".

Salute!!

David Karp
15-Feb-2009, 12:24
I have had this experience many, many times.

venchka
15-Feb-2009, 19:38
... "and how to sneak camera stuff into the house".

Salute!!

I missed that class. I got totally busted when I tried to act very casual as I carried a Zone VI camera and tripod into the house.

mandoman7
15-Feb-2009, 20:12
You guys are right to be thankful. I was getting into LF in the 80's and there were no forums or internet sites to help you out. Even the library had virtually nothing on the subject. I was trying to learn on my own, in an area where I didn't know anyone else who was using a view camera. The first couple of workshops I took were a revelation. But even with those, there wasn't the info on lens coverage etc., that you can find now on the internet. It was tough... sob, sob. I did a lot of things wrong for a long time.

Then, Compuserve came along in the mid 90's and that was the first forum where you could actually hear about other people's experiences. That was pretty exciting at that time, as I didn't really know anyone else who was actually doing it.

JY

wclavey
16-Feb-2009, 08:13
I missed that class. I got totally busted when I tried to act very casual as I carried a Zone VI camera and tripod into the house.

Actually, getting it into the house isn't a problem - - it's getting it past the checkbook police...

venchka
16-Feb-2009, 08:27
Actually, getting it into the house isn't a problem - - it's getting it past the checkbook police...

Ah yes. It's always best to confess before the monthly statement arrives.

Tim k
16-Feb-2009, 14:07
Guys,
Rule #1, you must not leave a paper trail.

johnschlicher
17-Feb-2009, 05:35
I would like to thank you guys to, Knowledge is power and you guys are full of it. I've learned a lot of valuable information on here, this is a great site. Every one is helpful and respectful and you put up with my dumb @ss question's thanks everyone