PDA

View Full Version : Custom ICC Printer Profiles

Michael Gordon
13-Feb-2009, 10:37
For digital print makers, I am now offering low-cost custom RGB printer profiles. Custom profiles provide several benefits (versus 'canned' profiles - those provided free by printer and paper manufacturers), including accurate color reproduction, smoother tonal transitions, neutral grays, and improved shadow and highlight details. My custom profiles are optimized for your specific printer, ink, and paper combination and will help you get the most out of your printer and paper.

I use the Gretag MacBeth Eye-One Pro spectrophotometer and ProfileMaker Pro software to measure and create profiles from 1728-patch RGB targets. At only $25 per custom profile, you cannot afford not to have a custom profile for each paper/printer combination you use.

For more information, client testimonials, and ordering, please visit my website (http://www.michael-gordon.com/template.php?page=customRGBprofile). Thank you.

D. Bryant
13-Feb-2009, 11:04
For digital print makers, I am now offering low-cost custom RGB printer profiles. Custom profiles provide several benefits (versus 'canned' profiles - those provided free by printer and paper manufacturers), including accurate color reproduction, smoother tonal transitions, neutral grays, and improved shadow and highlight details. My custom profiles are optimized for your specific printer, ink, and paper combination and will help you get the most out of your printer and paper.

I use the Gretag MacBeth Eye-One Pro spectrophotometer and ProfileMaker Pro software to measure and create profiles from 1728-patch RGB targets. At only $25 per custom profile, you cannot afford not to have a custom profile for each paper/printer combination you use.

For more information, client testimonials, and ordering, please visit my website (http://www.michael-gordon.com/template.php?page=customRGBprofile). Thank you.

Well Michael, I visited your website and I have to mention that the font size used on your intro web page is so small it's almost unreadable. So you may want to change that.

Don Bryant

Michael Gordon
13-Feb-2009, 11:17
Thanks, Don. As you probably know, it's near impossible to design for every platform and varying eye conditions. You are, in fact, the first person to report the font being too small (this new site was launched one year ago). The small font is easily remedied by the keystrokes CTRL/CMMD + on your keyboard. Increase the font size to your heart's content!

D. Bryant
13-Feb-2009, 12:24
The small font is easily remedied by the keystrokes CTRL/CMMD + on your keyboard. Increase the font size to your heart's content

Well that is just what I did. Thanks.

Don Bryant

Marko
13-Feb-2009, 20:56
Michael, your site is, of course, your business, but Don is right - the type appears to be set at only 9px which is really way too small for normal reading. The standard web size is considered to be in the 11-12px range.

For sites that attempt to convey a lot of information, such as yours, it might be a good idea to use relative size (em) instead of fixed pixel size and let the users read at their own preferred settings. Just a friendly suggestion. :)

Other than that, I like the overall layout and tonality, and, above all, your images.

Marko

coops
16-Feb-2009, 20:49
I am thinking about getting an Epson 3800 in a month or so for B&W printing. Is a good profile helpful for that, or primarily just for color?

Peter De Smidt
17-Feb-2009, 06:04
Coops, in my experience using a profile that includes a special near gray sheet of patches can do a good job with bw. Michael uses a different profiling system than I do, though, and so I can't speak to his system. He does use a lot of patches, though, and so I expect that the results will be pretty good.

Michael Gordon
18-Feb-2009, 10:48
I am thinking about getting an Epson 3800 in a month or so for B&W printing. Is a good profile helpful for that, or primarily just for color?

Whether you are planning on using the standard RGB driver or Epson ABW (Advanced Black & White), a custom profile will definitely improve your output. The methodology for producing an ABW profile is different than producing a standard RGB profile (I do not have this information on my site). If you are interested, please contact me off-line and we can discuss the details. Thank you.

Michael Gordon
18-Feb-2009, 10:49
He does use a lot of patches, though, and so I expect that the results will be pretty good.

Hi Peter: the results will be much better than "pretty good" :)