PDA

View Full Version : oversize art paper in Europe?

toyotadesigner
13-Feb-2009, 01:36
I'm new to my own digital printing (always subcontracted printing). Now I'm looking for art paper similar to the HP Artist Matte Canvas 380 which comes in longer sheets than the standard A3+ or 330 x 483 mm. I'm thinking of some 330 x 600 mm or even 330 x 700 mm sheets. Does anybody know a supplier for this paper in Europe, and if so, are there printer profiles available for this paper as well?

Maximum width for the feed is 335 mm, so A2 wouldn't do the trick.

aphexafx
13-Feb-2009, 16:29
A3+ = SuperB = 13" x 19" = 330mm x 483mm

I'm not in Europe, so I cannot help you with sourcing, however I can tell you that I do not believe there is a longer 13" paper that is commonly produced as cut sheet.

However, if you can find a 13" roll of your canvas then you can cut any length you desire and waste very little. The problem is that many papers, and especially canvas media, do not come in the small 13" rolls. I am willing to bet that "HP Artist Matte Canvas 380" does not come in a 13" roll.,,if only because you need it to.

If you are not tied to this particular canvas, I am sure you can find a 13" (330mm) roll format canvas that will work for your application and provide you with what you desire.

Is Artist Matte Canvas 380 one of the Hahnemuhle products made for HP? You might look at Hahnemuhle to see if they offer a similar canvas in 13” rolls. Or any of the other paper producers.

Cheers!

Added: Here is a 350gsm acid-free canvas for inkjet that does in fact come in a 13" roll format (for example): http://www.moabpaper.com/anasazicanvaspremiummatte350.aspx

D. Bryant
13-Feb-2009, 16:53
A3+ = SuperB = 13" x 19" = 330mm x 483mm

I'm not in Europe, so I cannot help you with sourcing, however I can tell you that I do not believe there is a longer 13" paper that is commonly produced as cut sheet.

At one time Moab offered 13x38 size and Red River Paper still does.

Don Bryant

aphexafx
13-Feb-2009, 17:39
Thanks, Don! But I wouldn't consider that common and consider the waste.

dwhistance
14-Feb-2009, 07:27
Museo Pan Pro is available is 13"x40" sheets from On Line Paper (www.on-linepaper.co.uk) here in the UK. Its not canvas though. Hahnemuhle do Photorag in 13" rolls as well. I've never seen any canvas in either of these sizes.

David Whistance