PDA

View Full Version : 810 LF Project Website is Finally Up!

Eli Rubel
11-Feb-2009, 16:13
I have been working on this project for about six months now....after dealing primarily with the business end of things, I finally get to begin shooting again....

www.discoveringhopeproject.com

Cheers,

Eli

Gem Singer
11-Feb-2009, 16:20
Excellent!

Well worth the six months of effort you put into it.

Mazel Tov!

darr
11-Feb-2009, 16:53
Your project is inspiring. Thanks for doing it!
Go out and shoot now, all the web DNA is laid down, just upload the truth to the world. :)

Best, Darr

Walter Calahan
11-Feb-2009, 17:10
Took three attempts to load using Safari web browser, and then sometime the portraits wouldn't load. Would have to click back and forth to get images to load.

Beautiful work with a reason. Thank you.

Filmnut
11-Feb-2009, 17:57
I too, couldn't load all the images, what I saw was wonderful. My compliments for the fine work, and the vision and dedication it took to do it.

Charles Carstensen
11-Feb-2009, 18:02
Terrific project, keep up the good work.
My Safari browser did fine, only a tad slow.

Dave Aharonian
11-Feb-2009, 18:26
Beautiful and important work! Safari worked fine for me.

Eli Rubel
11-Feb-2009, 23:10
Thank you all for your kind words.

I will update this page as the project continues to progress.

Charles- I'm from Durango....small world!

willwilson
12-Feb-2009, 06:25
Fantastic work, very well done. -=Will

claudiocambon
12-Feb-2009, 08:13
The work is beautiful, and I say that despite the fact that I am not the biggest fan of the Avedon white background/negative borders. I also like the layout of the site, and within that the Eisenhower quote at the opening of the gallery most of all.

Once you have concluded this project, I wanted to recommend to you that you create a links page to other photographers and historians who have done similar projects. At a Fotofest in 2001 I think it was I met a Canadian who had made lf portraits of survivors; he had a book proposal at the time with an introduction by Arnold Newman. Some of the people were his family members, I also seem to recall. Anyhow, I am totally blanking on his name now, unfortunately. You could make a whole resource page that links to the video libraries where they have recorded testimony; I know Yale has a huge one where they have done oral histories with survivors.

In other words, keep one eye on your own work and keeping it growing, and the other on how to insert it into the larger common cause of preserving these peoples' memories and experiences. Obviously for now, while you are in the production and fundraising phase, making the pictures comes first, but this way your site would have a huge double impact.

Again, beautiful work!!

Eli Rubel
13-Feb-2009, 14:58
Claudio,

Interesting about the Canadian....let me know if his name dawns on you later on. Once the project is further along I will start to work with the history end of things, making sure it does its part to help educate... if possible.

Allen in Montreal
13-Feb-2009, 15:07
Nice work, great project.

I see from the site you are searching for funds to finish it, have you tried the Ben Wieder foundation? There are a few people here in Montreal that might lend a hand to see a project like this get to fruition.

Eli Rubel
13-Feb-2009, 15:11
Allen. I have not tried the Ben Wieder Foundation, but I will google it and contact them. Do you know of any specific people to send the web link to?

Allen in Montreal
15-Feb-2009, 06:50
Eli,

Mr. Wieder, who passed away this year, was the first to come to mind.
I will send you a pm with a few ideas.

Eli Rubel
15-Feb-2009, 14:11
Eli,

Mr. Wieder, who passed away this year, was the first to come to mind.
I will send you a pm with a few ideas.

Sounds good, Thanks Allen

ldhayden
18-Feb-2009, 10:19
Eli, Very inspiring project. Keep up the good work and I second one posters opinion on the Eisenhower quote. Great opening for the site. ~Larry