PDA

View Full Version : Can't Eat (buy) Just One

dazedgonebye
9-Feb-2009, 18:07
It seems I have a graphic problem.
I recently bought a crown graphic and have just bought lenses for it. I've barely gotten a chance to use it and now I've gone and bought a Super Graphic as well.

The super went off at $165 ish because it had no lens and the electronic shutter release and rangefinder are no good. I don't care about using the thing hand held, so that didn't bother me. I'm mostly excited that I will have front tilts without dropping the bed and have it in both orientations by virtue of the rotating back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230323742624

I'll try not to buy any more any time soon.

Gene McCluney
9-Feb-2009, 18:16
You know your Crown Graphic mounted lenses will work just fine on the Super.

dazedgonebye
9-Feb-2009, 18:51
You know your Crown Graphic mounted lenses will work just fine on the Super.

Yep. Now I've got a 90mm f8 super angulon, 135mm Optar and 250mm f6.3 fujinon and a camera with reasonably good movements.
No equipment excuses...just need to bust free and do some shooting.

aphexafx
9-Feb-2009, 18:56
Good luck. I can't seem to stop buying lenses. It's getting worse... This is going to end badly for me...

Enjoy your cameras. :)

Glenn Thoreson
9-Feb-2009, 20:07
Let me clue you in on where this can lead. I have something like a dozen, maybe more, Speed Graphics hiding in nooks and crannies around here. I don't know the exact number. All serviced and ready for action. I ask you, how unrealistic is that? There's just something about them. I can't seem to pass a homeless one up. I need counseling. And a nice rubber room. :D

Vaughn
9-Feb-2009, 21:03
I'm sorry, but this thread is just too graphic for me....;)

Vaughn

I only own one...a wooden Speed Graphic.

dazedgonebye
9-Feb-2009, 21:58
Funny, i was just thinking i could pack 2. One with the 250 and one with the 90.
Why change lenses?

Kirk Fry
10-Feb-2009, 00:06
It is easy to use the things hand held with a 135mm lens without really focusing. Just mark infinity on the bed and maybe 15 ft and then guess. To mark infinity you put the thing on a tripod and actually focus on the ground glass and them mark the bed. Usually there is a metal focusing scale for whatever the original lens was. Good luck.
They are truly great hand held.

venchka
10-Feb-2009, 08:08
The slippery slope leading down to the Asylum.

There must be a 12 Step Program.

dazedgonebye
10-Feb-2009, 08:29
Let me clue you in on where this can lead. I have something like a dozen, maybe more, Speed Graphics hiding in nooks and crannies around here. I don't know the exact number. All serviced and ready for action. I ask you, how unrealistic is that? There's just something about them. I can't seem to pass a homeless one up. I need counseling. And a nice rubber room. :D

Well, when you pass (some day in the distant future it is hoped) a fresh supply of usable graphics will hit the market and a new generation of photographers will be very happy.
Thanks for doing your part.