PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Gathering at Ted Harris' April 2008

Gary Samson
3-Feb-2009, 08:22
I wanted to share a group portrait of some of the participants in Ted Harris' Large Format gathering in Enfield, NH on April 19th, 2008.

Ralph Barker
3-Feb-2009, 10:11
Thanks for posting this, Gary. Did you happen to take down the names of those pictured?

Phil
3-Feb-2009, 10:19
Gary,

Thanks for the great memory of a wonderful gathering!

Did anyone get a photo of Gary when he took this photo?

Phil

I'm on the far right in plaid shirt and ball cap with my Kodak Master 8x10 - My friend Rhonda is beside me in white blouse.

ASRafferty
3-Feb-2009, 10:20
I don't want to blow anyone's cover if they weren't supposed to be at our house that day. :) Let's hope those pictured will step forward and self-ID.

Ted is the big guy in shirtsleeves in the center, looking happier than humanly possible. He spent most of the day showing off the Chamonix that Hugo had loaned him, and that may be the camera on the tripod behind him (not sure). There were almost as many cameras as people here, and maybe the owners will also identify them in this picture!

Thanks, Gary!

Kirk Gittings
3-Feb-2009, 10:26
Wish I had been there!

Oren Grad
3-Feb-2009, 10:32
What Kirk said. Thanks, Gary.

John Bowen
3-Feb-2009, 11:32
The camera directly behind Ted is a Richard Ritter ULF

Rider
3-Feb-2009, 12:42
Thanks for sharing.

Ken Lee
3-Feb-2009, 12:42
Ted Harris in white shirt with buttons, standing, in the center.
Bruce Barlow in the doorway, standing to the left of Ted, in the top center.
Richard Ritter seated in the center, in front of Ted, with beard.
Eddie Gunk and wife (in striped blouse), standing on the left, next to large camera with large tripod.
Hany Aziz at top-most left corner, smiling.
Robert Seto seated in front of Ted, wearing a cap.
Ken Lee standing behind and to the right of Ted, wearing a dark shirt.

This photo was made later in the PM. There were many others present throughout the day.

Bruce Barlow
3-Feb-2009, 13:17
I miss Ted each and every day. He was a good friend, and a fine human being.

Kirk Gittings
3-Feb-2009, 13:17
I miss Ted each and every day. He was a good friend, and a fine human being.

many dittos.....

ASRafferty
3-Feb-2009, 14:43
The camera directly behind Ted is a Richard Ritter ULF

Well, there you go... that's why all I was trusted with was the food.

eddie
3-Feb-2009, 15:13
yup. a great day!

John Bowen
3-Feb-2009, 15:17
Well, there you go... that's why all I was trusted with was the food.

LOL

Amy, I picked up a coffee mug at the Lopstick Lodge during the 1st Fine Focus Fall Foliage workshop in 2006. Everytime I take that mug out of the cabinet I think of Ted......and then I smile.

I hope all is well and that you are surviving the winter up on the hill.

Gary Samson
3-Feb-2009, 17:06
Forgive me for not including the names of the photographers. Pictured in the photo besides Ted are Bruce Barlow, Richard Ritter, Eddie Gunks and his wife Thander, Barry Dial, Bev Conway, Claudia Rippee, Glen Scheffer, Ken Lee, Michael Alpert, Amy Regan, Devin Swett, Liz Elinwood, Lindsay Vladyka and Ian Hartsoe. There are a few individuals whose name I have forgotten unfortunately.

Ken Lee
3-Feb-2009, 17:09
Gary, since you took the photo with such a big beautiful camera, could you post a larger copy ?

sanking
3-Feb-2009, 18:59
Thanks for sharing the images.

I wish I could have attended. I learned a lot from Ted and thought highly of him. He has really been missed by many of us on this forum.

My best wishes to Amy, and all of Ted's friends.

Sandy King

Gary Samson
3-Feb-2009, 19:20
Gary, since you took the photo with such a big beautiful camera, could you post a larger copy ?

Hi Ken,
It seems that I am limited to a file size of 146 mb for upload to the forum. I would be happy to send you a larger file if you want to PM me with an email address. In fact if anyone pictured in the photo wants a copy I would be happy to send one as a gift if you PM me!
Best,
Gary

Ken Lee
3-Feb-2009, 19:40
PM sent ;)

Phil
4-Feb-2009, 10:24
PM sent.

Michael Alpert
4-Feb-2009, 12:44
Gary,

Thank you. That was a lovely day with terrifically fine people. Ted lives in our memories.

Peter De Smidt
5-Feb-2009, 08:59
I wish that I could've met him. Ted was very generous with his time and expertise.

fuegocito
6-Feb-2009, 09:48
Thanks Gary, brings back great memory of a great day...

can you send me a large file too

fuegocito@gmail.com

Robert