PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop center filter

Mike Mahoney
2-Aug-2001, 18:51
you can effect a gradual darkening toward the center of an image in Photoshop, p erhaps replacing a center filter for most applications. The steps are: select gr adient tool, go into its options, select 'radial, foreground to transparent', an d play with the grad tool. you can select different colors, and opacities. I've evened out a number of half to full stop differences with no problem, and I've r eally only been working with it for a few hours - with more experience, I'd be h ard pressed to see the need for a center filter.

Bob Salomon
2-Aug-2001, 19:41
What if you want to make transparencies?

At Macworld last month a German company showed a center filter software program for computers. It will be out this fall or winter and sells for $700,00. The company is Camdynamics from Braunschweig.

It is possible to make a filter in software but then you need to scan in and output to film again.

Most photographers simply have the film processed and deliver it.

For most applications this can be very fast compared to trying to duplicate the effect of the filter through software whichm accept for this new program, is far more time consuming.

Mike Mahoney
2-Aug-2001, 20:44
the program I use is Photoshop 5.0 Limited Edition, which is a common bundle with new scanners and digital cameras. I bought a low end UMAX scanner for 149 C$, and got the software free with it. if your final output is digital prints or web, try the software before spending the CF bucks.

Pete Andrews
3-Aug-2001, 05:07
I can't seem to find a CF filter big enough to fit over my 17" monitor. ;^)