PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Get Together

bvstaples
1-Feb-2009, 15:04
All:

A while back several of us from San Diego discussed, as an aside to another topic, about getting together for a general meeting, just to meet each other and discuss our passions.

Is any one in the greater San Diego area up for this (actually anyone could come, but the travel might not be worth it!). If so, I would like to see if we would like to meet Saturday February 7th at Kensington Coffee in Kensington, off the I-15 and I-8. Post here your thoughts, or PM me, and feel free to call me at eight five eight 761 seven six five seven.

Brian

bvstaples
6-Feb-2009, 13:51
Got no response (I actually did, to let me know this is the Joshua Tree weekend), so this is effectively off — not that it was ever really on.

Brian

falth j
17-Jul-2009, 09:55
Why are you posting advertising that has nothing to do with the topic and photography?

Doug Dolde
17-Jul-2009, 10:15
Maybe he wanted to liven up a very dull thread.

bvstaples
17-Jul-2009, 10:47
I feel so violated...

Robert Oliver
17-Jul-2009, 10:49
while it's posted.... anybody want to have a San Diego area get together?

Tori Nelson
17-Jul-2009, 12:25
Sounds good. Robert, did you used to work at North County Camera, before it became Calumet?

Robert Oliver
17-Jul-2009, 15:00
i worked at Calumet for a short period of time while I went back to school... I was a customer at North County Camera.

J D Clark
19-Jul-2009, 21:57
I would be up for a get together of some sort. Perhaps a meeting at a lunch spot somewhere? As far as I can tell, the folks in the San Diego area are scattered pretty widely: Tori in Ramona, Robert and me in Oceanside, others downtown.

I've coordinated other meetings for photographers at places like El Callejon in Encinitas and En Fuego in Del Mar, they would be a long way to come from Ramona though! Any other suggestions?

John Clark
www.johndclark.com

Robert Oliver
20-Jul-2009, 13:17
Rancho Bernardo would probably be most central.... 15 traffic isn't too bad anymore.

J D Clark
22-Jul-2009, 22:08
I could meet in Rancho Bernardo as well. After next Tuesday I'll be on a workshop to the Bristlecone Pines for a week.

John Clark
www.johndclark.com

Gordon Moat
26-Jul-2009, 12:27
If any of you decide on near downtown, like Balboa Park or Little Italy area, let me know. I live in Golden Hills very close to downtown. I've been a little too busy with work lately, and don't often get a chance to check threads here, but it would be nice to do a meet-up.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography (http://www.gordonmoat.com)

Tori Nelson
26-Jul-2009, 14:39
I'm up for wherever works for the majority. When you live in Ramona you get used to driving "down the hill" and I just plan errands around the day. Just pick somewhere that will allow us to spread out a bit and won't be shooing us out the door too quickly.

Robert Oliver
31-Jul-2009, 19:18
I can do it after the 15th of august...

Gordon Moat
1-Aug-2009, 15:36
I was supposed to be traveling around the 15th, but plans were shifted to October, so I would be up for a late August meeting somewhere. Really just depends upon where.