PDA

View Full Version : 360 Apo Ronar CL - copal size?

sesshin
31-Jan-2009, 16:36
I have a Rodenstock 360 Apo Ronar CL in barrel mount but I can't seem to find the right Sinar lens board to fit it. I have a Copal 3 lens board sitting here but the lens is slightly too big for it.

Is my Copal 3 drilled too small? Or is there another size opening lens board I should be using instead? the lens is pictured below. Thanks.

Steve Hamley
31-Jan-2009, 18:58
Barrel lenses don't come in shutter sizes because they're not in shutters. If a hole size or a standard shutter fits, it's by chance. So no, your board is most likely bored for a Copal #3, not a 360mm Apo Ronar barrel.

Cheers,

Steve

sesshin
31-Jan-2009, 19:17
Thanks for the info. So what would be the best way to mount this lens onto a lens board then?

Steve Hamley
31-Jan-2009, 19:31
If you're handy with tools, enlarge the hole with a round file and mount the flange by drilling and taping holes for mounting screws. Sometimes the flange will work as a retaining ring, and you can avoid drilling and tapping mounting screws.

If you're not handy with tools, any machine shop can do it, and maybe some camera shops.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Hamley
31-Jan-2009, 19:37
BTW, if you go the shop route, just give them the flange and board, not the glass!

Cheers, Steve