PDA

View Full Version : Filters for Schneider Super-Angulon XL 90 mm f/5.6

Dermot O'Kane
22-Jan-2009, 20:31
Hello,
I'm using the Schneider Super-Angulon XL 90 mm f/5.6 lens on my Linhof Technorama 617 and I'm wondering if anyone has experience in using filters with this lens. In particular I want to get a polarizer and a couple of ND grads, but with the ND center filter attached the lens diameter becomes 112 mm, and I'm having trouble finding filters large enough. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

thanks!

Dermot

John Schneider
22-Jan-2009, 22:30
Use the search function. I've seem other posts on this matter, but don't recall what the solution was.

Joanna Carter
23-Jan-2009, 01:10
Take a look at the Cokin X-Pro holder.

jb7
23-Jan-2009, 01:48
I've got one for sale here- a 112mm B&W Kaesmann Polarizer-
I posted it for sale about a week ago, no replies-

I used it on my 72XL-

Though maybe, with one post, you can't see the for sale section...

I found the 72mm too wide to get too much use from it, to be honest-
possibly more useful for reflection attenuation than the more usual Landscaper's needs-

Still a good filter to have-

joseph

Bob Salomon
23-Jan-2009, 02:47
Heliopan makes 112mm filters. They are special order types only in that size.

VictorChan
26-Jan-2009, 11:14
I use a Lee Filter 115mm push-on holder, which takes 4" rectangular filters. However, instead of using the resin-based Lee filter, I am using the glass-based Schneider ND grads and Tru-Pol filters. You would need to loosen the screws a bit to accommodate for the thicker filters from Schneider. The Schneider is made of glass, so it does not scratch easily, if at all, when you use it in the field, unlike the Lee Filters. The Schneider costs a lot more, but it is so much better (in build quality, sturdiness, color neutrality) than the Lee's, it is not even close.

See also this thread...
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=43206

- Vic

Dermot O'Kane
27-Jan-2009, 22:24
Thanks for the info folks.

Another quick question - It seems the largest polarizer Lee make is 105 mm. Would this be a bad idea to use with their filter holder system, considering the diameter of my center filter is 112 mm? Would it cause vignetting?

Dermot