PDA

View Full Version : Any Kentucky Photographers here

Tintype Bob
20-Jan-2009, 08:33
Anyone here from Kentucky, Im from the Lexington area and would like to get a few Large Format Photographers together and visit some of the wonderful State Parks here like the Natural Bridge Park. Let me know if anyone interested so we can put something together.

Monty McCutchen
20-Jan-2009, 08:53
Tintype,

I'm over in Asheville and travel quite a bit for work this time of year but come summer time if you get something up I would be up for a drive over. I've wanted to see the Natural Bridge Park for a while now.

Keep me posted,

Monty

Tintype Bob
20-Jan-2009, 15:51
keep intouch I would like to do this with as many photographers as I can

brian reed
20-Jan-2009, 20:11
Hi Tintype,

I am in Cincinnati, only a short 2 hour drive, I travel that way quite often. I was just in the red river gorge area a couple months ago. Would like to get together with some other LFers'.

BR

Tintype Bob
21-Jan-2009, 06:26
Next time your in the area let me know - there are a lot of great places to photograph here

Mike Putnam
7-Feb-2009, 19:17
Tintype,
Sorry I'm not in Kentucky anymore but I did spend the first 30 years of my life in and around Lexington. I've since relocated to Oregon. Let us know how your get together goes. As you know, the Red River Gorge area is pretty impressive as a subject.
Regards from a former Kentuckian,
Mike
Pacific Crest Photography (http://www.pacificcreststock.com/blog/)

lenser
7-Feb-2009, 19:34
Bob,

I live near Springfield,Mo., but my daughter is in Hopkinsville. Please keep me posted on when you schedule this and I will try to combine a visit with she and her husband half way over to the parks.

Tim

Tintype Bob
16-Feb-2009, 05:54
Tim - I will keep you posted, I would like to do this in spring when the area is in full bloom again

Steve M Hostetter
17-Feb-2009, 06:50
count me in :D

dlin
17-Feb-2009, 08:53
I'm just north of Indianapolis and would be interested in getting together for an outing in Kentucky.

All the best,
Daniel

Tom Conway
23-Feb-2009, 12:29
Bob: Count me in. . .will gladly drive down from Cincinnati to see the Gorge and Natural Bridge State Park again! The rhoddies are in bloom from about June 15 - July 4 and can be spectacular. However, watch out for the bloodsuckers; they're all over the trees and bushes. Tom Conway.

Ron Lee
26-Jul-2009, 19:22
I'm from SE ky, near London at remote area called Tyner. I'd love to burn some silver anywhere in this area.

Tintype Bob
30-Jul-2009, 05:36
OK guys, I'm sorry I droped the ball on this one but I had some spinal surgery done this spring, now that everything is working on this old man again I would still like to get together and do something like this.

James Olson
30-Jul-2009, 06:09
Hi Tintype, I am in Cincinnati also and would love to go

Jim

Tom Conway
31-Jul-2009, 04:31
Bob: Hope you are up and around. What about a trip this fall? Tom Conway.

Ron Lee
1-Aug-2009, 18:58
OK guys, I'm sorry I droped the ball on this one but I had some spinal surgery done this spring, now that everything is working on this old man again I would still like to get together and do something like this.

Bob; Tis the first of August and I noticed that the Black gum trees are begin to show their colors and they are vivid. I look for this fall to be abundant with lots of colors because of the wet summer that we are having. If we get a typical fall it should frost around the first week in October and I would like to get a group together maybe for the second week of that month for an outing to Natural Bridge. I'm about as close as you are to the bridge. Tell me how many days do you usually take for these excursions? It would be nice to get a group together around that time. I will be keeping an eye out for the foliage to fire and I will be heading that way when the peak is near, but it isn't any fun to shoot the world by yourself. Be looking to hear from you soon.
Ron

htswv
1-Aug-2009, 20:45
I'm in Huntington, WV...so not too far from KY.

Tintype Bob
4-Aug-2009, 08:03
:) Ok lets start to plan a trip this fall - e-mail me some dates and if you want this to be a one day trip or a weekend trip - I will get all info for places to stay and eat.

Bill Kumpf
4-Aug-2009, 09:43
MapQuest lists it has a 270 mile / 4 1/2 hour trip from middle Tennessee. That is doable for an overnight trip. Keep us posted as to dates, etc. I am do for some creative stimuli.

Tintype Bob
21-Aug-2009, 05:28
As of now there may be 3 of us going and it looks like the first weekend in October anyone else interested get back to me soon. If you do a search for powell county KY you will find a listing of places to stay and things to see. Hope to here from you soon:) :)

Hollis
21-Aug-2009, 07:11
Nashville here, not too far away...

Tintype Bob
21-Aug-2009, 07:40
e-mail me if interested

Tintype Bob
22-Aug-2009, 15:19
If interested we only have a short time to set things in motion, let me know if I need to make reseverations and check out http://www.powellcountytourism.com/lodging/index.htm

Dorothy Blum Cooper
22-Aug-2009, 21:13
I was just in Lexington and Louisville this past June, visiting friends and relatives. Used to visit Natural Bridge quite frequently as a child. Beautiful place!

Let me know if you come up with a specific date/time/etc. I may be in that area.

D-

Tintype Bob
23-Aug-2009, 10:35
We are planing for the first weekend in October possibly friday night to Sunday morning

geoferrell
23-Aug-2009, 10:48
I'm in McKee, which is in Jackson County, and the gorge is fantastic for a nature location. There are many potential areas around the eastern KY region that are scenic and have potential for LF shooters.

Bill_4606
23-Aug-2009, 20:33
I was planning a Smokey Mountain photo walkabout the last week of September, I'll be driving trough Lexington, Ky on my way back and could easily plan a diversion to the Red River Gorge area. Are you talking about the weekend of Oct 2, 3, & 4?
I've had the Red River Gorge on my bucket list of places to shoot. I'd really enjoy tagging along with some local-area experts.

Bill Riley

Tintype Bob
24-Aug-2009, 18:17
Yes Oct 2,3,4, hope ya can make it let me know soon

Tintype Bob
30-Aug-2009, 12:45
I would like to know if anyone is still interested, I think we should make reservations now, before people start to take advantage of the fall colors. the dates would be OCT 2,3,4, Thanks

htswv
1-Sep-2009, 21:10
It turns out that I have to work 7-3 on the 2nd and then again on the 4th...so that leaves only one day...the 3rd. Was really hoping to make this but not so sure at this point...we'll see.

Dorothy Blum Cooper
3-Sep-2009, 05:41
What's the status of this gathering? Can you firm up dates/times/location? Just curious as we (hubby and I) may be in that area then. If not...we'll be nearby and may want to scoot in that direction.

Steve M Hostetter
3-Sep-2009, 16:41
I'm still interested,,, hope I have the funds by then ! This sounds like a good one

regards

Bill_4606
7-Sep-2009, 13:15
I know at least two of us have reservations at L'll Abner's Motel on the second and third of October. Tintype Bob indicated to me about a week ago that four of us have confirmed to be there.
Bill

Tintype Bob
8-Sep-2009, 06:38
I have also made reseverations at the L'll Abner and will be there at about 12:00 Friday
would like to find a central point to where we could meet - I'm really looking foward to this.

Ron Lee
10-Sep-2009, 14:12
Bob, just to let you know that I have booked a room at Lil' Abners Motel. Located one mile from the park entrance. Very resonable rates and fairly high reviews. See ye there about noon Friday Oct.2

Tintype Bob
11-Sep-2009, 05:34
Ron I'm looking foward to meeting you - this will be a great trip

Tintype Bob
30-Sep-2009, 06:04
OK i'm ready for this I hope to see you all there I just checked the weather and so far it looks like it's going to be nice - but remember it's a dry county

Tintype Bob
6-Oct-2009, 08:32
Well for all the folks who couldn't make the trip, you missed a lot of fun. There were four of us and the weather was great. We got to take some fantastic photos and had a lot of fun doing it. I could not have asked for a better group of people to meet and spend the weekend doing what we love the best. PHOTOGRAPHING - Attached is a picture taken by Ron of the four of us.

Tintype Bob
4-Feb-2010, 07:28
We had such a good time last fall I would like to start to plan a spring trip, anyone got any suggestions ???????