PDA

View Full Version : Brass Emil Busch 10" F8 Rapid Aplanat!

seawolf66
16-Jan-2009, 10:02
I have attached two fotos hope-ing you will be able to read the wording on the lens,
and I am going to interpert it and see how close I have come ?

Rath.Opt.Ind. thats easy But this Anst.Voian ? does this interpert as anistigmat version ?

Thanks a lot folks :

Ole Tjugen
16-Jan-2009, 10:56
Rathenower Optische Industrie Anstalt, vorm. Emil Busch.;)

seawolf66
16-Jan-2009, 16:33
thank you Ole very much,

Glenn Thoreson
16-Jan-2009, 17:08
That's a really great lens. Probably only for us users of antiquities, though. The others don't know what they're missing. :D

seawolf66
17-Jan-2009, 14:27
That's a really great lens. Probably only for us users of antiquities, though. The others don't know what they're missing. :D

Glenn: I'm in the final throngs of shifting things around to get one room for as digital darkroom and lens and camera's Etc, , I relocated on 12/01/2008 and have been going at it very slowly, And when finished I should have a small area to shot inside the aprtment and will test both aplanats out the Dectiv and the Rapid Aplanat? Will see how they come out but also need to get the Scanner up and running ! Lauren

Ole Tjugen
17-Jan-2009, 15:40
I'll agree that the others don't know what they're missing. I have a tiny little R.O.J.A. vorm. Emil Busch weitwinkel Aplanat Serie C No.2, a 150mm f:16 wide angle, that is simply stunningly sharp. While the corners (on 24x30cm) might be slightly softer than with a Protar f:18 of the same focal length, the center is stunningly sharp and better than most "normal" 150mm lenses of very recent manufacture.

The good Aplanats are GOOD, there's no doubt about that. I'm slightly more sceptical to WA Rectilinears, which have a different construction. The difference is much less with "normal" Aplanats vs.rapid Rectilinears, but the WA versions are very different.

seawolf66
18-Jan-2009, 09:39
Ole; I forgot to add the following in the first posting , Rapid Aplanat No.2 serie D F-8 and its only the height of a 35mm Film can plastic one the lens is a touch large than the 35mm film can, Their darn Small

Ole Tjugen
18-Jan-2009, 11:46
The Busch Serie D f/8 came in 150, 200, 260, 340, 470 and 600mm focal lengths. ;)

Kiribane
28-Apr-2021, 20:29
I have an Emil Busch rapid Aplanat F8 Series D f/8 and would like to know how I can determine the focal lenghts as there is no indication whatsoever on the brass. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Mark Sawyer
28-Apr-2021, 23:35
I have an Emil Busch rapid Aplanat F8 Series D f/8 and would like to know how I can determine the focal lenghts as there is no indication whatsoever on the brass. Any help? Thanks in advance!

Eight times the diameter of the aperture, which is probably the same as eight times the diameter of the front element, presuming nothing in the barrel is restricting the aperture.

Kiribane
29-Apr-2021, 17:05
Eight times the diameter of the aperture, which is probably the same as eight times the diameter of the front element, presuming nothing in the barrel is restricting the aperture.

Great, thanks a lot.