PDA

View Full Version : Real World Scanning Workshop

Tsuyoshi
13-Jan-2009, 12:14
Hi,

We are inviting Michael Mutmansky to run a Scanning Workshop (http://www.projectbasho.org/workshops/2009spring/real-world-scanning-workshop.html) on March 14&15 at our studio in Philadelphia, PA. This workshop is designed to teach the fundamentals of good scanning technique.

Michael Mutmansky is a photographer and architectural engineer who has focused his work on the constructed environment primarily. His work is currently represented by galleries and art dealers in California, Denver, Houston and New York.

If you are interested or have suggestions, please feel free to contact us (http://www.projectbasho.org/contact.html).

Warlmy,
Tsuyoshi

Peter De Smidt
13-Jan-2009, 21:22
What equipment and software will be used?

Michael Mutmansky
14-Jan-2009, 08:40
Peter,

We are working on the details, but I have a Microtek M1 and Silverfast that I plan to bring for the workshop. There should be an Epson 700/750 there, and there is one high-end scanner as well. I don't know how many stations we will have yet; that's one of the details to get figured out.

However, in the end, the techniques that will be discussed are applicible to any scanner and software that is out there. I try not to be real specific on hardware/software because every computer and scanner is set up differently, and that makes it hard to be absolute about how specific actions will need to be used on a particular station.

This will be run with the same approach as the scanning workshops that Ted Harris and I ran, but without my good friend there, it's going to have to be a bit different. I am a little sad to do one of these without Ted.

---Michael

bob carnie
14-Jan-2009, 08:55
Ted ran a fantastic workshop last year here in Toronto and I highly recommend this approach as everyone taking the course learned the basics that as Michael points out can then be taken to any scanning application.

Peter,

We are working on the details, but I have a Microtek M1 and Silverfast that I plan to bring for the workshop. There should be an Epson 700/750 there, and there is one high-end scanner as well. I don't know how many stations we will have yet; that's one of the details to get figured out.

However, in the end, the techniques that will be discussed are applicible to any scanner and software that is out there. I try not to be real specific on hardware/software because every computer and scanner is set up differently, and that makes it hard to be absolute about how specific actions will need to be used on a particular station.

This will be run with the same approach as the scanning workshops that Ted Harris and I ran, but without my good friend there, it's going to have to be a bit different. I am a little sad to do one of these without Ted.

---Michael