PDA

View Full Version : New website

Stephen Lewis
10-Jan-2009, 14:12
Hi guys

A short note to let you know I've updated my website. If you've a few minutes to spare please mozey on over. Thanks.

Steve
http://www.landscapesofwales.co.uk

Drew Bedo
10-Jan-2009, 19:01
Hello Stephen,

Wow!...There is a lot of stuff there. You are a busy guy. I like the way the images are displayed: just hover, don't click. The slow fade-out-fade-in transition is pretty keen, but I want to see it NOW. I would change that...others may really like it that way,; its an esthetic thing and up to you.

The site is hard for me to read. The bright white background and lighter colored text is hard to make out. I would go with a darker background and lighter ltext. The darker background will frame your images better too. I do like the blocky font.

The three column format is common now and it makes your site look a little like a news letter, and it seems...busy. My wife describes (accuses?) me of being linear in thought process. So take that "busy" remark with a grain of salt.

Is that blunt enough?
Great Images!
Regards,

Kirk Gittings
10-Jan-2009, 22:09
Nice work.

Donald Miller
11-Jan-2009, 08:22
Very nice site. I particularly like the changing images on your front page...it creates more dynamic content than a single static image.

h2oman
11-Jan-2009, 09:50
Looks pretty good, and your work is really nice. It seems like there are too many categories on the left side of the home page to me. I'd consider a few links like "photos", "products", "news and services", then break those down (into, for example, portfolios, recent work, stock under photos) on pages they are linked to. That's just how I like things organized myself, though. Maybe others are fine with your current setup.

I'm OK with the background/print contrast, but I see Drew's point as well. I'd say if it is tough for anyone then you might change it.