PDA

View Full Version : Strange lenses w/o much info

Mark Volle
6-Jan-2009, 23:49
I have four lenses i would like to know more about;

Three of these are very small and fit very nicly on my very light weight 4x5 but i don't know anything about them.

Schneider Angulon 6.8/90mm in Synchro-Compur shutter

D. O. industries Dyotar 6.3/90mm in Seikosha-SLV shutter

SW-Prinz 4.5/135mm in Seikosha-SLV shutter

Number four is normal sized;

ILEX Acuton 4.8/7.5" (190mm) in Copal No. 1 (Less than perfect glass)

Help?

I use the Schneider 90mm and it seems sharper than the Dyotar.

The ILEX seems soft

John Schneider
7-Jan-2009, 00:03
http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/ for the Angulon

Gene McCluney
7-Jan-2009, 00:33
The Schneider 90mm Angulon is the predecessor to the Super-Angulon, and is a wide-angle type lens. It will cover 5x7 with little movements. (At least my copy will).
The S.W. Prinz lens is probably a Congo..private labeled for Prinz, which was a private label of a big camera store.

Mark Volle
7-Jan-2009, 21:35
Thanks for the info.

I like shooting with the Schneider 90mm and it works very well on my ultra light field camera - 2.3 lbs w/ the lens.

The 135 seems OK but I tent to grab a full size lens first.

IanG
9-Jan-2009, 10:23
The Schneider 90mm Angulon is the predecessor to the Super-Angulon, and is a wide-angle type lens. It will cover 5x7 with little movements. (At least my copy will).

Maybe the early versions will, Ole says the same, but the later ones barely cover 5x4. The element cells are mounted in different metals, aluminium I think in the case of the later ones.

Ian

Steve Goldstein
9-Jan-2009, 10:44
I tried a very-late-number (11358XXX) Angulon on 5x7 a while back. It illuminated the corners, but they were mush. The 90mm f/12.5 Extreme WA Raptar I was comparing it to was even worse, with mechanical vignetting. Of course, neither of these were ever recommended for 5x7.