PDA

View Full Version : what's these??

robert fallis
6-Jan-2009, 15:24
this is a negative from a roll of film I put through an old kodak camera does any body have any Ideas what the various defects are??

bob

Frank Petronio
6-Jan-2009, 15:32
creases in the film from clumsy loading perhaps?

Nathan Potter
6-Jan-2009, 15:38
I used to get this occasionally when processing in roll film tanks. As Frank says; may be creases in the film when loading onto the reel. Or if you agitate by means of shaking violently, don't, be more gentle - it's OK.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Brian Stein
6-Jan-2009, 17:20
also looks like you might have a light leak with the linear fog on the right side.

Bazz8
7-Jan-2009, 14:17
The cresent shape is finger nail crease for sure (i was somewhat of a expert at this with roll film builders hands and rough fingers from timber etc. ) the other mark is
hard to judge exactly but snipping a small 45 deg chanpher of the edge of the film say 2-3mm will greatly assist in loading you reels (easier to say than do in the dark when you overcut to say 5-10 it,s worse than loading the film uncut) another tip is to gently tap the side of the reel to centre the film and then to proceed to load the reel
gently.this advise comeing from a trade of if it,s stuck use a hammer etc, i had to learn the hard way that gently does it.
regards
Bazz8