PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock XR-Heligon 75 mm f/1.1 - adaptable, any uses

dh003i
6-Jan-2009, 07:01
Before I got into LF, I got a a Rodenstock XR-Heligon 75/1.1 (http://www.naturfotograf.com/need_speed01.html#top) (also called a "TV Heligon"). Any way to adapt this to be useful? Here's a pic of a similar one adapted to a Konica Minolta (http://www.pbase.com/pganzel/image/71175091)...but adapting to LF would be fine too (although it may have a very short flange, not sure).

venchka
6-Jan-2009, 08:12
Seems like it might be nice on a 2 1/4 x 3/14 Graphic with a roll film back. Assuming the lens has enough coverage.

dh003i
6-Jan-2009, 09:15
I wonder what to do about aperture. It has no aperture diaphram.

venchka
6-Jan-2009, 09:18
Slow film. Focal plane shutter. Not sure if the Baby Speeds had one.

Another thought: A friend of mine uses barrel lenses, extension tubes and focusing helix on his Bronica with a focal plane shutter. If the lens covers 6x6 that would be an awesome street/portait rig. Get some Ilford Delta 3200 and Rock & Roll! However, the lens to film distance may not work on anything other 35mm bodies.

Jim Galli
6-Jan-2009, 09:21
Image circle the size of a dime. people are cobbling them onto digi cams for the fine shallow dof.

venchka
6-Jan-2009, 09:24
Panasonic G1 maybe?

dh003i
6-Jan-2009, 09:27
If the image circle is the size of a dime, it'd work well with my Oly E3. I've held it up to a piece of paper, with a lamp as the subject. It seems to be best for close-focus.

So then how to make something to adapt it to an E3.

I'll take some pictures hand-holding it to the E3 and post them. I actually already did that, and it seems like it almost needs to go inside of the E3 body! (that is, the part sticking out behind it).

venchka
6-Jan-2009, 09:43
Mr. Milich already has a Panasonic Lumix G1 to Leica Thread Mount adapter. I bet he could make something for you.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68074

The world is buzzing about adapting all kinds of lenses to the Micro 4/3s system.

Peter K
6-Jan-2009, 09:54
It's one of the many lenses used to transmit the image made by an image intensifer on a TV-cam. The lens is corrected for very short distances at both ends.

Pat Hilander
6-Jan-2009, 12:38
So then how to make something to adapt it to an E3.

Get an extra body cap for your E3, cut the right size hole in and and use a little JB Wield or Lock-Tight to hold them together. This method works well for these types of lenses on my Canon DSLR.

dh003i
6-Jan-2009, 13:22
Wow, are you serious? One of those dinky little plastic body caps to hold a big heavy lens? That seems rather...shaky

Dan Fromm
6-Jan-2009, 15:26
Wow, are you serious? One of those dinky little plastic body caps to hold a big heavy lens? That seems rather...shakyIt takes a dinky little camera hanging off the back of the lens, not a dinky little camera holding the lens up. For example, my beloved Questar 700 on my FG.

Cheers,

Dan

dh003i
6-Jan-2009, 16:10
It takes a dinky little camera hanging off the back of the lens, not a dinky little camera holding the lens up. For example, my beloved Questar 700 on my FG.

Ha! Well, the Olympus E-3 -- while not a Large Format -- is hardly dinky either. It's made out of solid metal (aside from the outer layer), designed to be weather-proof. It's got some weight on it. I'll have to see if it weighs more or less than the Heligon.