PDA

View Full Version : Crosfield Celsis 6200 drum scanner

JohnGC
2-Jan-2009, 15:38
I have an chance to get one of these for free complete with the late '90's mac computer, mounting station, software, manuals, and drums.

It's a huge old beast, but I could scan virtually anything I wanted...

Does anyone have any info on these?

Clueless Winddancing
2-Jan-2009, 15:41
You will get quick help via the Yahoo group: High-end scanners. Pose your question and possibly do a search.

JohnGC
2-Jan-2009, 16:30
Thanks!

Will do...

I just joined ScanHI-END group and did a search. lots of info, thanks again!

JohnGC
2-Jan-2009, 18:14
Not as much info as I had hoped for, so:

I put this on the scanner group, but...
Does anyone know about getting support on these? How about lamps, and other maintenance parts for 90's drum scanners in general?

IanMazursky
4-Jan-2009, 18:30
Hi John,
As you probably know already, support will be a problem.
The scanner group, a few private companies and some consultants are the only service available.
The only people that might have parts are companies like Weber Systems or people parting machines out.
I have personally thrown out more than my fare share of these. They are just too big and expensive to run.
But i wish i had save the drums. Ow well.

I would check with Prazio for lamps. They stock lamps for many different scanners.
You can also check with a local pre press supply company. They are always my first call when i need to know who has what or who carries what.

Good luck but i would seriously consider a tabletop scanner. The 6200 from what i remember was a PIA to run and maintain.