PDA

View Full Version : 6x7 to 8x10

8x10Frank
2-Jan-2009, 15:09
I understand there is a technique to transfer my 6x7 transparancies to 8x10 color negative film with an enlarger and a lens with a shutter.

Please enlighten me,

8x10 Frsank

Ash
2-Jan-2009, 15:41
Essentially the same way you'd make a 10x8 print from a 6x7 negative i guess?

Gene McCluney
2-Jan-2009, 15:47
Correct. You place a sheet of 8x10 color negative film in the easel and expose it as if it were color photopaper, although you don't use filtration if the film is balanced for tungsten. IDEALLY one would use "internegative" film designed for this purpose, but I am not sure if this is made anymore. At one time both Fuji and Kodak made it. It was a very slow film designed to capture all the detail and tonality of a transparency. Modern color negative films are fast, and you will have to cut down your enlarger light source considerably.

Clueless Winddancing
2-Jan-2009, 15:47
In the olden days there was "Print Film". As I remember they basically looked good, but the base was "diffuse" rather than clear.

Glenn Thoreson
2-Jan-2009, 16:51
There's a possibility that I still have some 4X5 print film in the fridge. Maybe a box of 8X10, too. Not sure. If there is any, I'd send it to whoever wants it for postage cost.

Gene McCluney
4-Jan-2009, 00:48
The OP wants to make an enlarged color negative of his 6x7 color transparencies. Color print film is not the article of use to him. COLOR INTERNEGATIVE FILM is ideally what is needed. Both Fuji and Kodak did make it, but I don't know if they still do.