PDA

View Full Version : Calumet lens boards from eBay

verney
1-Jan-2009, 11:33
There is a seller in eBay with user name 'canyonlandgraphics' that sells new lens boards for Calumet. Lens boards are either undrilled or for extra money you get one with a drilled hole. I am assuming seller makes them himself.

My question is are they any good? Should I buy those or look for used but authentic?

Gene McCluney
1-Jan-2009, 13:03
A lensboard is just a flat piece of metal or wood that has to be strong enough to hold the lens, and has to be light-tight. Neither one of these requirements is rocket science. The only other requirement is that it be cut to fit correctly on the camera it is going to be used for. You are probably safe in purchasing 3rd party lensboards, and if they don't fit the camera, you are justified in returning them.

Alan Davenport
1-Jan-2009, 14:35
I've made a number of my own boards for my late-model Calumet 540 (like Cambo SC) from 1/8" birch aircraft plywood as used in modeling. Pretty darn low tech project; about the only issue I can see is that you'll want a drill press or router to make the light baffle slot on the backside of the board. About $2.00US for materials and an hour of your time.

Jon Wilson
1-Jan-2009, 16:39
I have purchased some of the pacemaker lens boards from this seller on ebay and have been very pleased with those items. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from that ebay seller. Jon

verney
2-Jan-2009, 00:33
Thanks for the comments. I know making of lens boards is no rocket science but there is no job simple enough that can't be done wrong.

I will order couple of lens boards as soon as I figure out what I need.

verney
4-Jan-2009, 14:16
I have know idea where I got the impression that 'canyonlandgraphics' makes Calumet-style lens boards. They only had one authentic.

jb7
4-Jan-2009, 14:30
I know making of lens boards is no rocket science but there is no job simple enough that can't be done wrong.

Well on that note...
I wasn't going to say anything, but-

I've got a nice unmarked Copal 3 Calumet board-
which I'd be prepared to let go for not a whole lot-
plus actual postage-

If you need a 3, that is-

If you're interested, send me a pm-

I suppose you could put a 'wtb' ad in the classified section here too-

joseph

aphexafx
10-Jan-2009, 21:22
...and don't forget to check KEH. Whenever I need a lens board for my Cambo (same as Calumet?) that is where I go...

I admit that this has only been three times now haha.

http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductList.aspx?Mode=&item=10&ActivateTOC2=&ID=58&BC=LF&BCC=7&CC=50&CCC=21&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=