PDA

View Full Version : Ilford fiber paper

ignatiusjk
30-Dec-2008, 16:39
I just printed three 16x20's and used Ilfords "Gold Fibre Silk" paper and boy is it nice. It's thick but not to thick like the Epson Exhibition paper.The blacks are excellent and the mid tones and highlights are also excellent.I also like the price and the fact that I can order 10 sheet packs if I want not just 50 sheet.By all means try it you'll like it.,and let me and everyone here know.

Gene McCluney
31-Dec-2008, 08:28
What developer did you use?

Toyon
31-Dec-2008, 08:37
Is this real photo paper, or inket media?

Keith Tapscott.
31-Dec-2008, 08:43
There is no mention of this paper on Ilford`s site, is this an inkjet paper? If so, why are you posting this in the darkroom section?
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/products/producttype.asp?n=5&t=Photographic+Papers

Harley Goldman
31-Dec-2008, 10:26
Gold Silk is an inkjet paper, one of the newer baryta variety, but still an inkjet paper.

Gene McCluney
31-Dec-2008, 11:13
If this is an inkjet paper, this post should not be in this forum.

Peter De Smidt
1-Jan-2009, 17:03
It's a very nice paper.

D. Bryant
1-Jan-2009, 17:32
I just printed three 16x20's and used Ilfords "Gold Fibre Silk" paper and boy is it nice. It's thick but not to thick like the Epson Exhibition paper.The blacks are excellent and the mid tones and highlights are also excellent.I also like the price and the fact that I can order 10 sheet packs if I want not just 50 sheet.By all means try it you'll like it.,and let me and everyone here know.

Well now that this thread has been moved I'll comment.

IGGFS - Love it! But What a stupid name, IMO. But it's got to be named something though. IGGFS and Harmom Gloss White AL (did I get that right?) are two really great papers. Comparatively I didn't care for the Epson Exhibition as much.

If you are into inkjet printing check out IGGFS. Nicely priced too.

So many new baryta papers, so little time.

BTW, it's been remarked that the production of these new inkjet baryta coated papers is good news for printers using gelatin silver since it increases the production of baryta coated paper stock.

Don Bryant

Tyler Boley
2-Jan-2009, 13:13
I like the Ilford as well. One trend I am very happy about with these new papers is that they seem to be moving away from the massive amounts of brighteners that make them look blue. Interestingly, when the IGFS first came out it was referred to as warm. But it actually measures very close to LAB neutral, when compared to darkroom papers, even papers we considered cold, it does not look warm at all, and also does not conflict with most matte board by appearing so much brighter or bluer. The new HPR Baryta also looks good, and not too blue, though a bit whiter.
The only thing about IGFS, with Epsons there is some highlight bronzing, properly set up on an HP with it's gloss optimizer it looks very good.
Silver Rag, and the new HPR Baryta, seem to obscure some of these problems with the slight surface stipple.

Tyler
http://www.custom-digital.com/