PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Single Weight Paper

G Benaim
25-Dec-2008, 10:30
Hi all,

I'm having a hard time scanning azo prints, single weight. Short of mounting them (but my mount wont fit the scanner), what have you found helps keeping the paper in good contact w the scanner? I'm getting out of focus areas, and some light/dark banding along the edges, neither of which appear on the print. Thanks,

GB

Peter De Smidt
26-Dec-2008, 04:31
Lay something on top of the print? Perhaps something like a piece of foam core/mat board cut to the size of your scanner's bed. Place that on top of the print, and then place something a little heavier (a book, magazine...?) on top of the foam core.

Dan Schmidt
26-Dec-2008, 06:14
I was surprised to see that you have having problems with scanning, but then I realized that store my unmounted Azo prints under stacks of books to keep them flat. If I don't they curl up.

Some people don't seem to have this problem, I have always figured it was the dry climate here in Colorado.

David A. Goldfarb
26-Dec-2008, 06:39
I always had problems scanning Azo as well as other kinds of prints on my flatbed scanner. Aside from flatness issues, there's also surface texture that can cause problems.