PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Plans?

arca andy
18-Dec-2008, 02:06
Well, what are they? And what are you going shoot?
I'm off to see my folks in Yorkshire(UK) and am hoping for early morning frost covered moors or even some snow....but also wondering if I can squeeze my Arca into the car along with all my familys stuff....
Andy

dwhistance
18-Dec-2008, 11:24
Of course you can, my Linhof is coming to Cornwall with me and I'm taking my parents as well as my wife and kids.

David Whistance

bobc
18-Dec-2008, 11:25
Off to New Zealand....

It'll be full on summer and it's been hot lately..

Not sure what I'll focus on yet as I'm in scramble mode to get a lot of odds and ends done before leaving (not sure why I'm surfing 'net, then...)

Enjoy,

-bob

cjbroadbent
18-Dec-2008, 11:34
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm440/downstairs_2008/holiday.jpg
Do the tree.

MIke Sherck
18-Dec-2008, 14:01
I have extra days off over the Christmas and New Years holidays this year; I'm planning a project on photographing within two miles of my house, more or less. The intention is to photograph in the morning and process and print in the afternoon each day. A real photographic immersion, if you will.

Mike

pablo batt
18-Dec-2008, 14:32
new zealand is in late spring , be aware that it can be wet windy and cold until feb sometimes.

arca andy
18-Dec-2008, 14:34
Of course you can, my Linhof is coming to Cornwall with me and I'm taking my parents as well as my wife and kids.

David Whistance

Well you must have a big car...anyway those wizzy linhofs fold up don't they:)

eddie
18-Dec-2008, 15:30
i am going to hang around the house and shoot more wet plates...man! i am loving this process!

Steve M Hostetter
18-Dec-2008, 15:48
http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm440/downstairs_2008/holiday.jpg
Do the tree.

Just brilliant

Don Hutton
18-Dec-2008, 17:30
South Africa... 4x5, readyloads and a Leica.

sanking
18-Dec-2008, 17:56
Christmas. At home in South Carolina.

Soon after Christmas, Oaxaca, Mexico and 5X7 Nagaokam, plus one MF film camera, and a Canon G9.

Course, in Mexico Christmas does not end till near the end of January.

Sandy King

Donald Miller
18-Dec-2008, 20:37
Christmas in Milano, Italy. Here until mid March 2009. Strictly digital this trip. Shooting HDV footage, time lapse digital, digital 360 panoramics, and large mp stitched digital photographs. Canon 5D and XHA1.

Bill Kumpf
19-Dec-2008, 06:46
SURVIVAL

All 7 kids, 4 in-laws, and 8 grand kids (oldest 9) are descending on our house for Christmas. It is an annual event that includes my wife’s home made pizza, several card games, pool, and puzzles. Then there is the tree and load of presents……….

Hopefully also some darkroom time to do some printing.

Nathan Potter
19-Dec-2008, 09:19
A nice swim in Barton Creek on Christmas day.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

arca andy
20-Dec-2008, 05:19
A nice swim in Barton Creek on Christmas day.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
Good heavens that sounds cold... but then I have never been to Texas in December...

Jeffrey Sipress
20-Dec-2008, 10:21
I don't do christmass. So I can go out early and shoot. Gotta pick a location soon....

Colin Graham
20-Dec-2008, 14:10
I might have to dust off the old festivus pole (http://www.festivuspoles.com/pages/Festivuspoles.htm). ;)

GSX4
20-Dec-2008, 15:11
Christmas with the family in MN... nice white Christmas here, and then fly back to see my folks and sisters family in Cornwall England on Dec 26th for 6 days. Back stateside on New Years Day so only a short trip, but my blad and pinhole camera are coming along for the ride.

Bruce Barlow
21-Dec-2008, 06:00
Ten inches of snow yesterday, eight more coming today, the plow driver says more on the way Christmas eve. Wecome to New Hampshire, and think about the Fine Focus Workshop Snow and Ice session in early Feb (Aargh! A blatant plug, but made with a smile. Alternately, come visit and bring a shovel...).

Plans here are necessarily flexible. We got a fresh goose from the local farmer (my wife plucked it yesterday) that we'll roast on Christmas Eve. Friends may be able to make it for goose, or if not, we'll go to a service at a pastor friend's church. Christmas morning: presents with the three of us (wonderful missus and 17-year-old magnificent son), I'll make cinnamon rolls, and we'll all relax.

Hope to find time to print some newly-arrived Lodima, but have a lot of video editing to do.

Remember, everyone, to celibrate the World Holiday of my birthday Tuesday the 23rd. Make a picture for someone you love.

Best wishes to all for the happiest, healthiest, safest of holidays.

Andrew O'Neill
21-Dec-2008, 10:27
I'll be like Bill K. In survival mode. Brother driving in from Saskatchewan (come on you Americans, I know you can say/pronounce it...:) ) with his kids. I'll try to squeeze in a little "Lodima" time.

Richard Raymond
22-Dec-2008, 17:41
Death Valley and eastern Sierras south of Bishop with my 8x10. "Snow drifts and sand dunes and photogs with mittens; sleigh bells and dry wells and no time for sittin'. Largeformat holders with views that have zing. These are a few of MY favorite things."

Jan Pedersen
23-Dec-2008, 06:52
Left snow and ice in Portland OR and went to gray and dark Denmark, very uninspiring at the moment. No LF gear but a Hassy and a Holga and plenty of film, just need some better light before i find a reason to use it.
Happy holidays.
jan

Steve M Hostetter
23-Dec-2008, 14:11
I'm hanging around the house this Christmas... We have a new addition to the family.

Jersey Rain Griffo being born as I write this Dec. 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Besides, we have an ice storm in progress... Oh boy

Yall have a great Holiday
Regards

Steve M Hostetter
23-Dec-2008, 14:16
ps for those of you going out shooting, get some good stuff and be safe!

redrockcoulee
24-Dec-2008, 10:19
For the first time in our 33 years together the family is coming to our home. Should be around 33 for supper on the 27th which is the day we are having Christmas to accomadate other arrangements and I think over 20 spending the night. A few of the younger folks are just getting into or back to film so perhaps might have some darkroom work going on with the new darkroom. Otherwise mostly shooting digital and 35mm. Taking the week off afterwards and the weather is supposed to be up to almost near freezing so should take some time with the 4X5 or at least the 'blad.

David Karp
24-Dec-2008, 11:14
I purchased my first box of 5x7 film - Arista.Edu Ultra - at Freestyle this morning. I might have time to run some through the new reduction back I purchased for my WP Seneca.

mealers
24-Dec-2008, 12:07
I have to goto work on christmas day 7am and wont get home till 9am boxing day. I enjoy my job (i get payed salary but only work 6 months of the year) but this is the second year I've been rostered to work at christmas.:(
Have a drink for me!
Stay safe.
Mike

Steve33
26-Dec-2008, 08:57
I am off to Mauritius Island in early January. Still not sure which camera to take my Chamonix or my Hasselblad. Same old dilemma again and again :)